Special Order Blower Belts

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by 310TAD, Dec 19, 2013.

1. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

I am getting ready to commission Gates (makes RCD's belts) to make a run of odd length blower belts. I know there are currently about a half dozen of us that would benefit from this. If we can show a market for them, they may become a stock item.
    We are looking at 8mmGTC X 1680mm X 84mm size (210 teeth). If I get them ordered in the next few days, we should have them by late March (takes alittle while).
    If you want some, reply to this thread or mlthacker@marathonpetroleum.com as soon as possible.
    Prices should be slightly higher than the 1600mm belts. I will post them as soon as I get them.

Marty Thacker
    TA/D 8

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. summitcb

summitcb Member

Hi Marty

I sent you an e-mail. I would like 5 belts.

Steve
    Summit Customs Brokers

3. The Zone

The Zone Member

Hey Steve, Marty runs a screw, will those work on your roots blower as well

dean

4. summitcb

summitcb Member

I don't see why not.

I already run 1600mm 8mmGT belts. These should be 88mm or 3 1/2" longer and a little more than a 1/4" wider. I will need to change my idler pulley to a wider one. Unless the GT belts I'm using now are made of different stuff it should work fine.

Steve

5. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Update

Update:
    After talking with alot of folks, the belts are looking like GTC8mmX1672X84mm (209 teeth). We are awaiting word on the final pricing and if we can get some of the belts narrowed to 75mm at little or no additional charge. Also will publish a delivery date when I get it. Gates talked like it would be sometime in March or even April for delivery. I'm gonna push for earlier.
    We have folks wanting about 65 belts so far. I can't afford to stock additional, so those who pre-order will be the only ones to get them. Hopefully, we show them there's a market for them and RCD can start stalking them.

Let me know if you want in.
    Marty Thacker
    TA/D 8

mlthacker@marathonpetroleum.com

6. Speed City

Speed City Member

New Belts

Marty,

Not sure if you heard but we have belts being made over seas that seem to be better, the belt has done more than 60 runs on a funny car and will run it till it breaks. Also I have sent some belts out for testing in the ADRL PRO MODS since they seem to have the most trouble. So far the only belt we have is the 1600-75 but if all goes good with the test we can look into a longer belt.

John Bojec

7. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

blower belts

Marty,

If its not to late? I will take 2 of the new belts, call me at 707 974 3185 or email spmi@sonic.net .

thanks again

Butch