...So who's fault is it anyway?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Tim5636sc, Mar 14, 2006.

1. lowcountry71

lowcountry71 New Member

i probably saw the last run sage made with this dragster. he crashed it at rockingham during one of the winston all star races. i had seen it run several times before the wreck - it sounded good but really was a slug. 2 big block chevys mounted together. it was painted yellow. if you saw it you would remember from the color to the 2 motors. good idea but didn't really work.

2. Tim5636sc

Tim5636sc New Member

Dude..That sucks....I guess my ex-wife Wanting half of my car doesn't even compare to that....Sorry to hear that! "A lowely clutch guy....HUMMMM???" I remember a lowely clutch guy that made a pretty good driver....Named Mike Dunn.....Ever hear of him???? Also, Garrett Bateman was a lowely clutch guy who made a nice debut at the California Nationals a few years back! That dude deserves a ride...Plus he's a very talented Artist! Heck....if deserve had anything to do with anything...We'd all be racing top fuel huh????:rolleyes:

3. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: we're the blame

you're all right. us a/fooler are to blame. i chose a/fool. i hated to get my ass beat all over the first few seasons by the hair dryers. buth i had to change combos cause of whatever reason for the rules. than change again. but in between all my bitching, just keep working harder until.......WA LAAAA. IT RUNS PRETTY DECENT. only to get another rule change and change combos again. but keep on a working.....than more rule changes. i think im on my 5th rule change. but keep on working again. AS IVE SAID, ITS ABOUT CHOICE. has anyone asked shields, finke, gallant, bowen, stark, bartone, reichert, henkleman, boggs, etc if they regret the change? ineresting question. who else has coverted from hair dryers to a/fool???

4. Tim5636sc

Tim5636sc New Member

.....Well Steve Faria did it in the mid 90's...... Mark Niver also.... Oh and the Ice Cream man....Too!!!! i love the blue bunny strawberry...My favorite!
    Yes....most don't regret it..But as a "PURIST" (OH GOD I'M GONNA CATCH HECK ON THAT ONE!) I think a Top Alcohol Dragster should run on ....ALCOHOL???? Heck why don't we let TA/FC run bigger cub's, or 10% Nitro and rename the class PRO COMP??? That would be fine by me!!! I just think all of Drag Racing has become Run the cool combo, heck it's all about winning right????? It was awesome to see Jack Beckman win the 2003 world championship in Super Comp with a 1996 "HARDTAIL" chassis! Not a 4 link, Swing Arm, suspended chassis, like everyone else has! He won, because he Knew his car..He was consistant and he was a great driver on both ends! I am all in favor of creativity and invention! But, I also believe in an EQUAL PLAYING FEILD! Right now....we don't have that in TAD!:(
    ...and yes...I believe that the A/Fuel Dragsters SHot Kennedy too!!!:eek: