Sneaking out on the street w/blown alky sbc

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by alkynova, Mar 27, 2010.

1. promodracer

promodracer Member

sneaking out on the street

I was in most of them, it got me to where i am now.
    I do not trust my holley float idea.

2. Filthy

Filthy Member

guess this dont help so much since most of you guys run mechanical suff. anyway, with efi you can cruise around with e85 or gas from a separate fuel system and when under boost the bigger meth injectors are activated. both systems are always pressurized but the boost decides what fuel being injected.

3. lkni3010

lkni3010 New Member

easy..

this is really simple guys.. u have already said the only way to do it IMO. run a 20 gal cell or so in the trunk... use a big electric fuel pump with atleast a 10 an line to feed a 3 gal cell. feed your mechanical pump from the 3 gal. run a return line, tie into the 3 gal about an inch from top with your feed line and return. make sure the return goes into your rear cell at the top. it is very important you do not use a check valve anywhere in your return. with this set up it will keep your front cell full and when your at WOT and it pulls more fuel that ur electric pump pushes it will begin to pull air back through your return. this also makes it very important you do not have a vent, or a vented cap on your front fuel cell, but have a rollover valve on your rear cell. depending on your engines fuel needs it is also possible a 3 gal cell isnt large enough. its needs to be larger than the amount of fuel your car will use wat WOT for a quarter mile.. hope this helps clear things up.. i would never even think about using a holley float or that kinda crap.. this isnt junk yard wars..

4. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak New Member

I put a system together for this this past summer. It takes some time and its more complicated than just a rear cell and a front tank.
    All said and done I put a big ugly on a 6-71 355 ran e 85 and got 3.5 mpg.

[​IMG]

5. Creech

Creech Member

On a blown gas street deal we put a inline aeromotive (quiet, if that makes any difference with blown gas("loud")) transfer pump from the back tank to the front tank and a 3pound #8 check on the return line to the back tank 1" from the top of the front tank. Then installed an economizer valve (from kinzler) in the main fuel line from the pump to the barrel valve. The economizer valve is like a check valve with three notches around and a small hole in the center of the poppet. It limits fuel flow at low speed and part throttle operation.

I drove my 6 second 1471hh blown alky trans am down the street in a business district one night after my drinking buddies talked me into it. I got on it and all I could see was underneath a set of doubles, I couldn't lift because it sent me strait into 'em when I got past I lifted and jumped in right behind 'em. That was the last time I tried driving it on the street.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011