Share your scams here.....maybe we can learn from other's scams...

Discussion in 'Classifieds Buyer/Seller Feedback' started by Will Hanna, Oct 29, 2008.

1. bottomdollar

bottomdollar New Member

Not a Brendem Murry fan

Stay away or you might be next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. THEKIDD1055

THEKIDD1055 Member

Btp performance in north dakota

Bought an carbon hat and blower set up from these guys, to be a straight up business and made the deal,sent money right away to jj the owner. Had to keep calling to get parts finally got the hat before the blower,which was sent the same day via ups due to it being to heavy to send fed ex like ups, never got stuff 2 weeks later had to get ahold of lawyer and authorities to get rest of stuff that was never sent the previous 2 weeks ago like told never would produce tracking number until threats of authorities were made we made the deal for a set price for knut hat,8-71 blower,110 pump,belts and pullies,belt guard,lines port nozzle,quick disconnect pump pretty much a full deal..well today i recieve blower and pump with a distrubution block (1) nothing else..but i did get a note saying port lines must have lefy alcohol in them so they rotted and being that he waited to the last minute to send hat until threat it cost $447 to send 1 day ait fed ex, which in turn i never got for mentioned parts:belts,pullies, guard,lines quick disconnect pump and etc.... So i would strongly sugest not and i mention again do not do business or trust these guys...very bad to deal with...and for any none believer out there please write me and i will show you the letter and all documentation of deal...

3. talbot35

talbot35 Member

scam

just had a guy from uk blackpool trying to scam me on a lenco 50% gear set.

had no pics computer server was down all the bull.
    western union bank acc

played him for a while then told him i had a buddy living close by that will pick up and pay. and never heard from him again.

4. molearace1

molearace1 New Member

Wappado Racing writes hot check

John Scialpi dba as Wappado Racing bought a set of 25% Lenco gears from me.I had 3 passes on the gear set (just paid $1400 from Lenco) and posted it for sale. I sent the gear set UPS on a Thursday to him before getting the money got the check Friday went racing and cashed the $900 dollar check on Tuesday. The following Friday I find out the check was NSF. No good! I called John and he said that he shipped the part to Austraila(without opening the box) and they said the gear set was a 35%.I have never owned a 35% gear set.So he wasnt going to pay me for the bad check.Then the story went that If I had waited one more day the check would have been good. So now I have no gear set or money! He says once the part gets to his house he will ship it to me COD $300. The cost of shipping it to Austraila and back. I am getting screwed here big time.So I have to pay $300 dollars to get my own gear set back that was probably NEVER set overseas and he is sending me a 35% gear set back which I have never owned! Watch out for him!!!!! Bad business..Just want my 25% gear set back.

5. molearace1

molearace1 New Member

update...Wappado Racing

Just tried calling again and he is laughing at me basically stating he will not send my part back...Out part and $$$..Watch out for him..

UOTE=molearace1;173673]John Scialpi dba as Wappado Racing bought a set of 25% Lenco gears from me.I had 3 passes on the gear set (just paid $1400 from Lenco) and posted it for sale. I sent the gear set UPS on a Thursday to him before getting the money got the check Friday went racing and cashed the $900 dollar check on Tuesday. The following Friday I find out the check was NSF. No good! I called John and he said that he shipped the part to Austraila(without opening the box) and they said the gear set was a 35%.I have never owned a 35% gear set.So he wasnt going to pay me for the bad check.Then the story went that If I had waited one more day the check would have been good. So now I have no gear set or money! He says once the part gets to his house he will ship it to me COD $300. The cost of shipping it to Austraila and back. I am getting screwed here big time.So I have to pay $300 dollars to get my own gear set back that was probably NEVER set overseas and he is sending me a 35% gear set back which I have never owned! Watch out for him!!!!! Bad business..Just want my 25% gear set back.[/QUOTE]

6. 67WildSide

67WildSide New Member

recieved check for $2450 for a $500 item

I just had this happen last week a guy calls from out of the country and red labels a check for $2450 for a $500 item and says the rest is for shipping and gives me 24 hours to clear the check and then when it was to be picked up I would have to pay the cost with my own check, this had red flags all over it nothing matched up the envelope came from GA. the check was from a bank in PA the area code that came up when the guy called was a US code . hope this may help someone

7. Z MAN

Z MAN Member

I think i had the same problem

this guy repairs blocks as a business, took my money inside of 2 weeks and then after lots of phone calls and 4 months latter I get the block

8. Scotttrod

Scotttrod Member

Hemi manifold to pan Purchase, CHECK EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!

I really liked taking to him and totally trusted him on the engine I purchased. Let me say that all of this is my fault, I should have requested the motor be torn down for inspection, and I didn't, I trusted. The motor has a small valve issue that could have happened to any builder (me included). The big problem is the valve size is not what was advertised. He advertised they were 2.5 and they are 2.375 intake valves. This makes a difference in power and value of the motor. Please see the add, it is still there.

http://www.insidetopalcohol.com/showthread.php?42803-racing-parts-need-to-race

When I did do a light inspection before final install, he got very upset with me on FB and I felt bad for tearing into the motor (I only pulled pan) to re-torque all bolts before first start-up.

I am disappointed and will never get burned again.

Here is the real sting in this deal. He has the right head with big valves in his garage, this (what I thought was accidental) mistake would only cost shipping to fix and I told him I would send him the other heads.

Buyer Beware!!!!!!

9. invalyouble

invalyouble New Member

Watch out for this guy

Watch out for a seller(Butch Blair) on here that is very dishonest. He lives 1 1/2 hours from Las Vegas. I purchased a Hemi crank from him that he said looked like new. When I got it, it was anything but new. It had been rechromed very poorly(it was flaking off). It also had way too much clearance and was full of cracks. He refused to refund my money. I have talked to others who he also scammed. He is still selling on here so buy at your own risk.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  10. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

I tried to contact you, clear out your messages

I tried to contact you about several scammer sellers here on ITA. Clear out your messages. Some of the scamming sellers are in Memphis TN and Riverside, CA 92503.
    Use caution with these scammers selling damaged and unusable parts.

11. Z MAN

Z MAN Member

broken block repair

Do not deal with this guy (terry) Bought a block from him took my money right away waited 6 months with many excues. got the block after checking it and trying to make it work . took it too a local race shop told me too much wrong with it the block is junk!! Now i am out over $4000. No body even wants to repair it. the guy is a butcher.he is in texas and iam in new york no way to strangle him he had better hope i don't see him at a national event.

12. BobB.

BobB. OUTLAW Pro Mod

****SCAMMERS Using PAY PAL****

Read this lovely !!! Makes you want to sign up quick. My real question is though, is how do they use Pay Pal to pay you ???:confused::confused::confused:
    I responded that they should have their courier bring cash to the pickup. Wish i had the nerve to string them along just to see how Pay Pal enters into this deal.
    Anybody got any ideas, let me know.
    Thanx,
    Bob Blasi
    Cell 973-216-1867

Thanks for the swift response and do as well advise on the least amount you will like to give it away as i am buying this for son and due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.

As for the payment..i can only pay via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal) here.

I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included and With the issue of my details,transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the courier services company agent so you don't have to worry about that.

You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com and sign up its very easy... i would have loved to talk to you on phone but i work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, that was why i sent you a text, i even wonder how my message deliver to your phone but for now we can only communicate through the same mailing channel.await your reply asap.

Thanks

13. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

Paypal Scammer

Sounds to me more like he wanted you to click the link in his email, which would probably have taken you to a fake site he set up, to get you to give him your Paypal log in and password or for you to set up a Paypal account using your credit card and security code. Sounds like he was going to TAKE your money, not pay you money. A lot of con artist out there. Con artist want your money any way they can get it. They will even sell cracked and damaged used parts to the unsuspecting buyer. Sad but true.

14. promodracer

promodracer Member

Lmao lmao lmao

15. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

Scam alert

every time I put a wanted add this guy emails me back asking if im still interested in buying. of course I say yes, and this goes on for weeks. he is unable to provide reliable pictures of the parts im looking for, and weak descriptions. very poor
    scammer and his address goes to a grocery store in Maryland. watch out, he is dumb, but persistant. heres his contact info mailto:henryordonez312@gmail.com H****y E D*****do O*****ez
    2441 Chillum Rd
    Hyattsville, MD 20782 SCAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

Scammer

Yep, the same idiot tried that on me just recently when he resoponded to my ad on here. I had posted that I was wanting to buy a bearing support gear drive for a raised cam hemi. He replied saying he had one and wanted $300 for it, I requested a photo of the item. He sent me a photo of a Casale standard gear drive. Same scam as the ones from Nigeria, always seeming sincere but also always wanting my complete name and complete shipping information. I played his game for a week or so. When I told him that I had mailed the money order (which I never got) to the address in his email he sent, he immediate demanded the MTCN number. He finally gave up on trying to scam me. Buyers Beware!!

17. Altered Reality

Same guy contacts me almost every time I post an ad on here. He always says he has the parts I'm looking for no matter what I have or want. I wish I had his inventory(Ha Ha!!). He is definitely a scammer.

18. HONEST

HONEST New Member

shiped blowers NO PAY

should we not trust fellow racers ?john scalpi phone and asked me if i had some blowers for sale . i said yes and shiped blowers that was last july .i am still waiting for moneies. not returning my phone calls or emails

19. 406tobe

406tobe New Member