Shane Westerfield to drive for Rick Jackson Motorsports in 2019

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Westerfield teams up with Rick Jackson Motorsports

Santa Clarita, Calif. - 2017 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series TAFC Champion Shane Westerfield recently
    joined up with Rick Jackson in December 2018 and has had a busy off season. Westerfield, who parked his team and joined up to drive Rick Jackson’s TAFC Camaro, has been preparing for the upcoming race season.

“I haven’t been this excited and this nervous in a while to go race” Westerfield said.

Jacksonwesterfield.jpg

Westerfield and Jackson (the team owner and tuner) are gearing up for the upcoming 2019 season with a test session at Wild horse Motorsport Park in Chandler AZ.

“I’m looking forward to letting the clutch out in a few weeks.” Westerfield who has now been fitted for the new seat said, “I’ve had the opportunity to visit the race shop a few times now and it’s a very professional organization that Rick and his team have put together.” The relationship between Westerfield and Jackson has been growing for years as Westerfield says “Rick and I both have a background in drag boat racing so it makes it fun to talk boats with him and now to be teamed up with our race program, I am excited!”

The RJM team is sponsored by CPCarrillo, Lucas Oil, Blake Brothers Racing, Dynamic Technology, Centre Pointe Collision, Arvada Excavating and NGK Spark Plugs.

2. Hemi101

Hemi101 Member

Nice new team...any word on what lombardos plans are for 2019?