Screen for Blower

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by pentastarrail, Oct 9, 2009.

1. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

we run a big and ugly with no screen I have ran the screens in the past didnt quit using them for any reason, but what is the differance between the bird and the ugly the bottoms are the same???Dave Lowe

2. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

After sucking in a 3/8 x 1 bolt we started running screens. We used GMC stock screens at first and now we build them from screen material purchased at the hardware store i think about 1/4-5/16 squares. I watched too many $5-10 thousand blowers suck in bolts/washers etc to not run them. My screens are secured so they can't be sucked in.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  3. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

Any pics of your home built sceen .love to see how to do it.
    don
    badtoyzz racing

4. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

I have two thick alum plates sandwiched inbetween the hat and blower. In the center of the plates is the captured screen. The screen sticks out the sides a little and is bent 90degrees to stop it from being sucked in. Silicone seals it and the plates also serve as an adaptor from the hat outlet hole to the blower inlet.

5. East Coast Guy

East Coast Guy New Member

The one i have is 1/8th also, my crew chief took it off this summer and said he doesn't like them...

Tim Steed

6. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

Maybe Darren or someone is out there who has done a before and after and has data?