Russ Parker, Whats your take?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Don Hudson, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

2. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Very interesting indeed!

Most every sport - stick, ball, or something with wheels has become global in participation. We have a global economy. Why shouldn't drag racing have a global influence? And in light of our current economic outlook, with sponsors going by the wayside, any monetary influx would seem to be a good thing. For many people, drag racing is their vocation. NHRA events support many people and influence local economies. So I am for it!

Besides, it's great material for us keyboard jockeys. Hey Don, will you be at Bakersfield this weekend?

3. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Pardon the interruption...

You two are something else ( in a good way ). Carry on, Hope to see you both in Pomona

4. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

No problem Frankie. I think that if you were to follow Don's and my family tree it would end up connecting........at the psychiatric ward.......evidently somewhere between the Grand Canyon and Roswell, NM. Notice, if you will, how he set me up on this thread. He did not state his take on this subject yet, but called me out in such a fashion that I would have to state my opinion first. Now he is in the position to blindside me. There is treachery afoot!

5. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Pretty sly that Mr. Hudson is :cool:

As for the family tree being intertwined all I can say is that it must have something to do with sand. A bunch of ex sand draggers becoming one big happy family.

6. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

I'm starting to feel like someone who has been stood up on a blind date....only I know what Don looks like, so I guess it's not the same. Plus it's not a date. But Don, where did you go? I guess Frankie will just have to stand in for you.:D

7. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

I became a lurker to how you would carry the torch by yourself. You have made a couple of great points( I cannot remember which ..points, though)
    I am liking that our sport is developing an international flavor, I am tired of the same 12-13 fuel cars that attend every event. It would be cool to see the "grand imperial master" of fuji bringing his entirely topless all female crew to Pomona(which I plan on attending, bakersfield, not this time.) Like I keep saying, our sport needs something to "spice it up"( from a fan perspective that is.) I feel pretty spicy when I get to compete on my limited basis. I also feel that with some work Frankie has some potential.

Russ, I refuse to date bearded men.

8. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

It's a goatee - but I trust that would make no difference.

For many of us in drag racing, it's not just the thrill of going fast or working on a fast hot rod. It's the relationships that are formed in that environment. So even when there is down time, I enjoy being at the track and talking to my friends as well as meeting new people. But for those who are new to drag racing, or just come out to see fast cars it can be very boring in between runs or during down time. So Don is right, we need to spice it up. While channel surfing (which I think should be an Olympic sport, the one at which I might excel) I came across a WWE show. They were having some down time (someone might have soiled the ring) and some of the competitors had microphones and they were interacting with each other and the fans. It became apparent that there were some anger issues and a fight ensued. It was all so real and exciting - maybe drag racing needs some of that?

What say you Don "The Incredible Lurker" Hudson?

9. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

[​IMG]

10. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Place it out to the Universe..and guess what...

Sorry it took so long to get back. In order for me to feed my girls and my racecar, I have resorted to selling California Real Estate for a living. In the time that this thread became dormant, I listed, received a CASH offer, and am opening escrow on a lovely ocean view condo. I hate to be serious on here, but I also wanna get back racing, so work comes first.

I'll expound on the WWE portion of this later. Who says there is no money in Wrestling "The Hulkster" alleges a net worth of over 32 million.

Maybe I should sell him a condo..

11. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Don, ever heard of National Geographic?
    Congratulations on the property sale. Now let me get this straight, you race alcohol funny car AND you sell real estate in California. Isn't that like a two strikes kinda thing? My, that's like this other guy I know that has a funny car and is a property appraiser.....sorry about that Randy.

12. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Property Appraisal is TOUGH.

Its been a little interesting, but my glass is ALWAYS half full. My children get the National Geographic for kids. Its a very informative magazine. Something I cant get out of my mind is Russ's mention of the WWE. Are there really parallels between the fine sport of Drag Racing, and the sham that Pro wrestling has become?

13. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Both are trying to find relevancy in an entertainment world with too many voices crying out for people's money.

14. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

I like the Bahrain sponsorship idea. As most any racer realizes, the prize money given for that occasional win doesn't even come close to covering expenses. I think a more international fan following will help to bring more money into the sport. This season has shown the importance of diversifying the sponsor base. After Torco left we suddenly didn't have full Top Fuel fields. I don't want drag racing to go the way of the unlimited hydroplane racing. I know that unless a person has some truly deep pockets that without a sponsor it's tough to race competitively. My hope is that with more fuel car sponsors there will be a certain amount of runoff down to the alcohol classes. Now if we could only get some promotion of our events by the track owners?

15. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

you guys are WAY funny!!

Keep the hits coming, I really like the popcorn dude.

Russ, you running Bakersfied this weekend?

16. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

durka durka jihad...

Coming soon to a track near you...

It's match race madness.....Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...

Don "The Sultan of Disaster" Hudson in the Taliban Motorsports TAFC, promoting the Jihadist agenda in the US

VS.

The People's Republic of North Korea Nuclear Awareness Alky Flopper Randy "I gotta sister in-law named Kim" Parker

The action on the track will be so intense, you can read it on a Geiger Counter....First 10,000 through the gate get a free Geiger meter courtesy of Go2Geiger.com

Grand Marshalls of the event will be the honorable Nancy Pelosi and Robert Murtha...

BE THERE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    LOL....Guys I couldn't resist....I think Bahrain and Qatar are trying to be nations in good standing with the world and have been our allys in war, so bring 'em on. It's kinda like getting some of our oil money back.

Yeah, I made some political cracks, but let's not turn this into a political 'discussion'....jokes fine, serious talk won't be tolerated....

17. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Hi Nancy! Yes I'll be at Bakersfield - fly out Thursday afternoon. It will be a complicated weekend. I'll be driving the Bellemeur family car at Bakersfield for the Friday/Saturday race (Sean will be there with us working on the car which is cool, we have alot of fun together and he loves working with his dad). Then I fly home Sunday early to Portland, catch a small charter plane to a place called Forks, Washington where I'll be driving the injected nitro FED shown in the picture. Should have an hour to spare if all goes well. The Forks race is our last one of the year and we are leading the points by a slim margin. The association will allow my sister-in-law, Kim Parker, to qualify the car on Saturday for me. She has driven it before, and if for some reason I am not back in time she will run eliminations as well.
    [​IMG]

18. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

winner

The winner of that race takes on Randy Goodwin's "Al-Qaeda Special," ALWAYS a crowd favorite, known for his explosive runs.....

19. Bob Perkins

Bob Perkins New Member

Donny No Marie

HI DON

good to here yall got a job ,is your dad with the cool beard helping
    in the family bezzyness.peace out cool condom sellar.
    B

20. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

That's funny Will. I was wondering if you'd join us or move us to the lounge. Oh wait a minute, that's that other site that does that.