Russ Parker or Clint Thompson...Oregon ban

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Randy G., Mar 26, 2009.

1. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

I find a lot of irony and stupidity in this bill. Considering the fact that to the everyday Joe, performance parts are a great way to increase the efficiency of your street vehicle! My old 9 second car was a daily driver, and while I may have got 1 MPG putting around town, I got 36 MPG on the highway with 93 octane (even better on 110 or 118). In a car EPA rated at 20, I tip my hat to the performance parts industry. And if it wasn't for all those air flow restricting EPA regulated "pollution control" parts, most cars would see at least a 30% increase in their fuel efficiency.

Next thing you know they'll try to ban the use of two stroke engines and kill the logging industry.

2. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

Well, its a feel good bill for the fundamentalists in this state. They feel good at the expense of destroying livelihoods, peoples hobbies and enjoyment. I've been offered a shot on the Lars Larson Show so hopefully this will help get the word out as the press hasn't reported on this.

We have even more problems on the horizon with the global warming nazis in Washington, both economically and more restrictions I'm sure. If I was NHRA I would head these people off at the pass and make every car with an NHRA number that is using Racing gasoline convert to methanol. It may be the only way we will survive the next 4 years until the adults are back in charge.

Also back in Oregon they are doing other odd stuff like trying to ban tobacco unless you have a note from a doctor, no coal of natural gas energy could be used to heat homes, and no dishwasher detergent. This is as nutty as these democrats have ever gotten.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  3. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I suggested several years ago that NHRA look into being proactive on the fuel stuff and about got my head torn off on another board. Like it or not the wacko's are in charge right now. The wacko's could care less about you. And their agenda has nothing to do with the environment (insert hammer and sickle here).

Here in California the media, the water districts and everyone else is afraid of the environmentalists. The California aquaduct that brings water from northern California to the farms in the San Joquin Valley and homes in So Cal have been serverely limited because some short little fish decided to move in at the head of the aquaduct. The San Joquin Valley produces a huge percentage of not just the US supply of food, but the world. The wacko's must have pictures of Arnold in a compromising position or something because while So Cal and the farms go dry some stupid fish that never even knew the aquaduct existed until now gets to do the backstroke.

4. eli

eli Banned

Let me say it, if the same ASSHOLES are reelected, then the country is getting what it deserves, and it proves that the majority of the country has turned into a bunch of sheep. remember the goat with the bell?

5. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

Randy I agree 100 percent.

6. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

I contacted an assistant of a member of the Legislative committe today.
    he said:

"RACING WILL BE SEVERLY IMPACTED AND ALL FUEL SALES (INCLUDING METHANOL) WILL BE BANNED. He also said that THIS BILL IS BAD AND IT HAS "THORNS ALL OVER IT" AND IS VERY BROAD AND THE ONLY WAY TO STOP IT IS TO CONTACT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING REPS BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF COMMITTE.

Please be respectful. Our future is in their hands. Guys, I've done all I can it's now up to you to get involved.

Here are the folks to contact:

Oregon House Speaker Dave Hunt
    Phone: 503/986-1440
    Email: rep.davehunt@state.or.us

Oregon House Environment and Water Committee

Representative Ben Cannon – Chair
    Phone: 503/986-1446
    Email: rep.bencannon@state.or.us

Representative Jules Bailey
    Phone: 503/986-1442
    Email: rep.juleskopelbailey@state.or.us

Representative Phil Barnhart
    Phone: 503/986-1411
    Email: rep.philbarnhart@state.or.us

Representative Cliff Bentz
    Phone: 503/986-1460
    Email: rep.cliffbentz@state.or.us

Representative Deborah Boone
    Phone: 503/986-1432
    Email: rep.deborahboone@state.or.us

Representative Vic Gilliam
    Phone: 503/986-1418
    Email: rep.vicgilliam@state.or.us

Representative Bob Jenson
    Phone: 503/986-1458
    Email: rep.bobjenson@state.or.us

Representative Jefferson Smith
    Phone: 503/986-1447
    Email: rep.jeffersonsmith@state.or.us

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  7. elusiveiceman

elusiveiceman New Member

Its not like anybody is going to stop using performance parts on their cars because Oregon made it a law. In fact I bet you more kids will do it just because its now illegal...Yes thats right....lets not try to promote taking your car to the track to race lets just make it a law that you cant make your car a hot rod anymore so that you will sneak around on the streets and race....Makes so much more sense to me.

8. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

9. ITS IN MY BLOOD

I emailed all of the oregon reps last Friday and have recieved two emils back
    today,..here are the 2 emails.
    Sounds like they dont like its current presentation of Bill 2186, but also sounds like they would like it if it if it wasnt so directed and blunt. ????

Vic

10. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

I got an email from someone telling me to "call off the dogs". So it sounds like this may have been resolved. I'll post what ever I find out tonight! :)

11. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

MOTORSPORTS AND CAR HOBBY NOT EFFECTED BY BILL 2186

As it turns out House Bill 2186 will not effect racing at all and the bill is being rewritten so the car hobby will live on in the state of Oregon for years to come. In fact, racing is not and was never on the State's radar screen according to Dave Neuberg of the Department of Environmental Quality. This is great news but conflicts with what an aid from Vic Gilliam's office who told me saying that under 2186 "even racing fuel would not be legal in this state".

Mr. Neuberg, agreed that the bill was poorly written and will have a new version clarifying what this bill proposes. He also said that "A Good Fix will come out of the new wording." and "That a Workable Fix will be instated towards the groups that have taken issue with the wording concerning the initial wording that was part of the bill 2186. (ie ban on aftermarket parts)

Concerning the car hobby such as Muscle cars, Classics etc. These cars will receive a workable fix for items to be purchased for methods of rebuilding or modifying any vehicle that has as an oem pollution control device. The wording would stipulate that no modifications would be allowed on pollution controlled devices. Since the older cars do not have any devices, the bill would not involve cars of this nature. Sema has been involved in communicating with the involved governments pertaining to this current bill. Oregon has elected to accept the wording that California is using for a bill which applies to there state as well.

Thanks to Craig Wilcox for getting to the bottom of this. It sounds like our legislators on both sides of the isle including the Governor are sensitive to our needs. So kudos to them.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  12. William Payne

William Payne New Member

I was talking to a guy once who does exhaust gas tests and he said that it doesnt matter if the car is old or new if it is properly maintained and tuned properly it should not be a polluter at all , he said that its all the poorly maintained vehicles on the road around the world that cause problems