Rip Eric

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by eli, Mar 23, 2007.

1. eli

eli Banned

Eric Medlen succumbs to injuries suffered in recent testing accident

Eric Medlen, 33, who had emerged as one of the most popular young drivers in the NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series, succumbed Friday afternoon to injuries suffered when his race car crashed into a guardwall during a Monday test session at Gainesville Raceway.

The talented Funny Car driver never regained consciousness. After being treated at the track, he was transported by ShandsCair helicopter to Shands at the University of Florida medical center where medical staff treated him for four days for a severe closed head injury.
    Complete story on nhra

2. konrodz

konrodz Member

God Bless You Eric, Our Prayers Are With You And Your Family.
    Rest In Peace.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  3. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Godspeed my friend...Sad day....very sad...

KB

4. PANMAN

PANMAN Super Comp

God Bless Eric,Family and Freinds

A weekend of many highs and certainly this truly brings us to the lowest of lows. God bless Eric and his family and freinds. what a loss..TAFC 1350.:(

5. Alky Wife

Alky Wife New Member

It Is A Very Very Sad Day. Eric Will Be Truly Missed. Our Prayers And Thoughts Are With His Family. Very Tragic
    :( :( :(

6. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

Rip

What a loss... Never met him but he seemed like a really cool guy... Gosh, I can't remember in my lifetime a funny car driver dying... His family is in my thoughts...
    CJ Curtsinger

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  7. tad374

tad374 New Member

Godspeed

sad day for sure in the racing community Godspeed Eric

8. Matt Curry

RIP Eric Medlen

I never knew Eric personally, but I knew him as a family member in the NHRA drag racing community. We are all a family out there and we have lost one of our own. I feel as if I have lost a brother. Eric was a tremendous star in our sport. One that was destined for great things. He would have been a champion one day, and John Force would have been the first one to hug him. I watched Eric win one of his greatest races of his short career, the 2004 Lucas Oil Nationals in Brainerd. What a joy it was to be apart of that race with Eric. Eric will be missed by all who knew him, or just knew of him. My heart felt condolences are with the Medlen family, the entire John Force Racing organization, and the entire NHRA family at this tough and trying time in our lives. Eric is looking down on us right now, ready to go down the 1/4 mile again with Darrell Russell and Blaine Johnson. Eric's memory will live on!!!!

9. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

10. ralphp

ralphp Jr. Dragster

eric

may god take eric home with him. we will miss his friendship and his advice on our race car. we will pray now for his dad.. tasca racing

11. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

A sad day indeed for the Medlen family as well as JFR and all of us drag racing fans.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Medlen family

You will be missed Eric

Frankie LoCascio
    Super Comp 7799
    Surprise AZ

12. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Heartfelt condolences go out to Eric's family, friends, and race team.

13. sportsman fan

sportsman fan New Member

Eric Medlen

Heartfelt condolences go out to Eric's family and John Force Racing.

14. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

No Speculation please!

Until something is put out by the NHRA or John Force Racing, lets not speculate as to what caused the accident. Lets just remember Eric and keep him, and his family in our thoughts and prayers

15. Bob Kraemer

Bob Kraemer New Member

Rest in Peace Eric :( :( :(

16. Matt Curry

Eric Medlen

Amen Frankie. It doesn’t matter what happened or how it happened. All we know is that we lost a part of our family and we should be in a state of morning. We need to keep Eric Medlen and his family in our prayers, as well as John Force Racing and the entire NHRA community. RIP Eric, you will never be forgotten!!

17. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Medlen and Force familys and friends.

Very tough to lose a great kid, son, team member and racer.

The NHRA family lost a good one.

18. Chsbldr

Chsbldr Member

God Speed Eric

A very sad day for sure, we all have lost another one of our family members!
    May God bless the Medlen family in their time of loss...

19. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Rip

My heart sunk Monday when talking to another racer when he said the proverbial 'did you hear..'

The last three years have been rough on the racing community. Darrell, Shelly now Eric.

In these tough times, it's hard to look beyond what you feel. It's truly a shame to see his career cut short. Looking past the pain we all feel right now, I know he's in a much better place achieving far greater things than we could ever reach here on this Earth.

As a driver, I find solice knowing he died the 'soldiers death', doing what he loved. I think most of us drivers would take going out on the top end over the countless bs other ways there are to die. It's still a shame it's so soon, but if you believe in God as I do, you know he's fortunate to experience the joys of Heaven sooner rather than later.

I feel very badly for the family and team right now. I'm still not over losing Shelly, I still have times where it will catch up to me. This certainly brings back alot of those feelings. You never know what someone else is going through, so I'm not going to go there, but I feel for the family and team, because I know it's a real tough pill. Time and prayer will help the pain. Any time I get too down, I know Shelly would be there to tell me to get over it and move on.

Right now let's honor the memory of Eric. Let's remember the great person and driver he was. This isn't the time to talk about the accident. At least not on this board.

Godspeed to you Eric. May God bless your soul. May God put a healing hand on the family and JFR team.

20. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 Member

+ 1 many times over Will. Thank you for making that statement to keep the focus on remembering a fighter as he fought and wishing his family solice in their time of loss. This is a time for prayer and up lifting of the family only.

Eric will indeed be missed his racing family in particular and the sport in general.