Return of Pro Comp to New England Dragway

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by camcoracing, Nov 26, 2008.

1. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

As a NED Racer the only problem i forsee is the fact of just adding nitro.
    1) nitro is expensive and that will increase the cost per run
    2) if these guys dont have there combos close to run low 6's with Alky then adding nitro isnt going to help them just cause more oil downs and problems.
    3) What is the maximum amount of nitro.... Can Gallant show up and run??
    Who is going to check the nitro levels??

Dont get me wrong I love the pro-comp class we get altereds dragster all running in the 6's and at any giving point its anyones race to win.
    But I just thought I'd bring up some concerns on things that might happen with just tossing some nitro into the tank.
    Since at one point that was a thought to help the blown cars in the nhra.

2. cpgeneration

cpgeneration New Member

ned pro comp

no screw blowers...

3. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

pro comp

i think the nitro can be good. but the tune up must be right. we have cars with 526" fat heads motors in dragster that cant run 6.0 so do i think nitro is neded for that NO .but if you oil down the track at NED to the point thay need 2 stop the show you are done for that day and thats in all cars running. we run for not much money so going low low 6.0 when onley 2 or so cars run that fast is a wast and more work then we need to do at the track. and if you think 6.0 is not that hard to do we welcome you 2 run with us thanks don

4. wildride boy

wildride boy Top Sportsman Racer

Great job guy's
    We try to make some programs with you in 2009

5. cpgeneration

cpgeneration New Member

New England Dragway Pro-Comp

If a screw blower is good enough for Johnson, then its good enough for me, I guess I will have to Buy a couple of C-Rotors or DMPE screws if this is the case..:)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  6. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

screw blowers

dont look like screw blowers will be in the pro comp class thay are staying with the 14/71 for 09 sorry. by a c by better off with double d's good luck

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  7. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

One thing guys, remember dragsters legally have a 30" front overhang rule. F/C and altereds it's 40".
    Downunder's Top Alky allows a dragster 40" also to be fair.
    If it's a US built car, you should see some of the creative front tip plates!;)

8. Jagger

Jagger Member

On the Index:

Southern Fuel Coupes was a great little organization that ran 1/8th mile races with a 4.60 index. That was fine until you brought in some decent talent. The fans did question why the Flopper that just ran a 4.00 was not in the finals but the altered that ran a 4.60 was. I don't know that fans knew what was going on. Plus, down south, half the folks in the stands are betting a little $$$$ on who is going to win. I think if they did not know about the index that may put them off. I do wish you guys all the luck in the world though!

Jagger

9. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

hi

hi the cap is 6.20 you cant go any faster then that, cant run 6.00 for the # one spot. i think it's best right now thanks