Reichert #1 5.26

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by ITS IN MY BLOOD, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Dave, thats the cool part of having a 16 gallon tank....trim er back to 40 pounds and enjoy a movie....

We still choppin da Broc-O-rie for the whole world?

KB

2. topfuell

topfuell New Member

Re: Hung Out

as you stated joka, sound like fun to me too.

3. larrymiersch

larrymiersch Member

TIckets?

Haley, where do I buy one?

4. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

Oh I see some a/fuelers want to hand me my a** TOO !

5. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Not me...I'm not touching your ass! LOL

Peace, KB

6. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Although I can't remember the last Blown Dragster to run a 5.20, It seems fewer 5.30 ET's are being put up. Back when Santo's was destroying TAD there were 4-5 Blown Dragsters that could run .30's all day. No more.

7. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

One word "SANDBAG"

8. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

lol....here's another word.....MONEY!

9. Tim5636sc

Tim5636sc New Member

...Duhh???? :) You drive an A/Fuel car!:eek:

10. Blown Chances

Blown Chances New Member

Sandbagging?

Sandbagging, darn, you got us.

That's exactly what I say when people ask why our B/AD has never run a 5.3.

In the 2nd round of the 2005 Winternationals we were out about 2 car lenghts on Ashley Force @ half track and on our way to a high 5.3 second run. Dad knew it so he hit the button that throws the blower belt on the ground. We wouldn't want to out run an A-fueler, especially at the first race of the year. ( Mental note: I've got to deactivate that button until after we qualify)

It wouldn't be that with all the new fun shields and pans they got us hanging on our cars that we're near 100 lbs over minimum.

Lets make a segment of the class for "normal sized" guys and call it BB/AD with a 2125 minimum and 10% more O.D.

Cody "The Flash"

I got your sandbag hangin' right here.

11. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

regarding blown dragsters in the .20's, in 2003 at Joliet Marty Thacker ran at least one and David Wells ran 2 and won the race over Shelly Howard.

In 2004 John Haley ran on in qualifying. I know, I was there both years.

I'm coming at this from a fan's perspective, so I realize my financial investment is only the cost of a ticket and travel (in other words, miniscule compared to the cost of running one of these), but from a fan's perspective:

1). Leave the A-fueler's alone.
    2). Give the blown cars more (either by allowing newer blower combinations, larger cubic inches, or both).

I realize NHRA has been hardhearded about allowing more for the blown guys, but the a-fuel guys have made changes the past few years.
    I don't want the a-fuelers slowed down;

I want the blown guys to either be given more cubes, the C blower or some other thing that will allow them (on average) to run about a tenth quicker.
    Pick the blown cars up a tenth, and this debate ends.

That's my thought.

wolfgang

12. Tim5636sc

Tim5636sc New Member

LOTFLMAO!!!!!!!! HAIR DRYER!!! Now that's Entertainment! And Yeah....it was rather cool! I was at 1000' at pomona when he launched....leaned over to my Pop and Said...."OH S%@T here we go!"
    As far as Accepting the rules...yeah...Kinda goes with the turf! A/Fuel will always....Always....be adding weight or dropping Nitro....Blown alcohol cars just don't have the Top end horsepower....Unless.....we add.....the 3% you guys are not given????? Just a little crackle? It always made my car a .10 faster....Uh...Whoops...!:eek:
    "8.901...... .005 lite....and I still lost!!!!!! "Entry Level" Racing anyone?":mad:

13. Tim5636sc

Tim5636sc New Member

Wofgang....Pretty darn good thought! Oh and BTW....The Fan's are the reason Drag Racing exists!!! But nice job qualifying your remarks!
    I agree
    1) Leave the A/Fooler's alone...They're getting their feelings hurt!
    2) Add 3% Nitro to the Blown Alcohol cars! or lower the weight brake! That'll take care of that .10!:D
    3) Oh, and you can ask Mr. Haley about that (5.20's)...He hangs around here from time to time! But there lay's the problem..It was at Chicago...Probably when Shoe ran his 4.43? Or Kalitta his .42? Force his 4.69??? Mindshaft conditions?????

14. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Yes, it was a mineshaft both years.

Which makes me think.....

While a-fuelers will haul in mineshaft conditions, in my limited experience, a mineshaft actually picks up performance of the alcohol cars by a greater percentage than the nitro cars (I'm not saying there's 100% equality because the alky cars are behind to start)...

However, at least at the Joliet fall race the last 2 years, it seemed like the alky cars on average picked more hundredths than the nitro cars, except for Hirata last year. It didn't make them even but it did make for a little bit closer of a gap.

btw- I wish NHRA would have kept the Joliet fall date and got rid of the spring date. I know it gets cool, and I like it that way. Better performance and record #'s.

It's not going to be much fun if it's 87 degrees, humid, and the fasted TAD qualifying time is a 5.45 or something like that this coming June.

15. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

I will get out my mircoscope so I can see it...

16. scott hall

scott hall Member

Federal-Mogul Dragster

Results for Elimination Round 3

MOHNTON, Pa. - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of round 3 eliminations in Federal-Mogul Dragster at the 17th annual Pep Boys NHRA Nationals presented by Greased Lightning:
    W/L Driver RT ET Speed

(W) Mark Hentges (Air Time Aviation B/AD) 0.494 5.312 264.44
    (L) Steve Cantrell (Cantrell Racing B/AD) 0.484 9.864 78.03

2:28 PM Cantrell left first, but his rear tires shook and the car skated around, getting very sideways before he shut it down. Hentges drove through light shake to his best run of the weekend.
    (W) Rick Santos (Oakwood Homes B/AD) 0.464 5.293 265.48
    (L) Bill Reichert (Lane Automotive A/FD) 0.484 5.328 264.70

First, Santos needed to win to be able to block Hentges from winning the event. Second, he needed to run a 5.330 to back up his 5.278 from last round as a national record. he accomplished both objectives, but Reichert has nothing to be ashamed of, making a very good run of his own in pursuit of the very best in the country for the past few years. Santos has lane choice against Hentges in the finals.

I wish B/AD ran like they did in 2000. I wonder how they slowed down in 6 years?

17. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Scott,

A few reasons it's harder to run fast in 2006 than it was in 2000.

A. No teams able to spend upwards of $750,000.00 to win the TA/D Championship. Most of us don't even have room for 6 spare motors in our trailers.

B. NHRA would catch the "C Blower" alot quicker these days. They went undetected until the whistle was blown at the beginning of the 2001 season.

C. We are now carrying more weight than the cars were back then.

D. Most of us are dummer now.

Just my opinions.

Marty

18. Blown Chances

Blown Chances New Member

Doug,

Clean and objective....

or professor Wheelie won't let you play anymore.

And I'm sorry about the unfortunate condition of your "sandbag," just remember not to use the magnifying glass in the sun as you could burn it.

I'm with Marty on this, weight kills... go BB/AD.

Flash

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  19. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

MR. Flash??? What is your name anyway?

"I got your sandbag hangin' right here." I don't know how clean that was, but it sure was objective...

20. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

First, ever heard of carbon fiber, Oh I forgot that would mean that you guys would have to spend money like us every year NHRA changes the rules...

Second, Why not build a bigger motor, unless there is some restriction on to the size that I don't know about, Oh I forgot that would mean you guys would have to spend money again...

My 2 cents is that the class has never been as equal as it is now.

Doug