rcd dry sump oil pump plumbing help needed...

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by noiraude, May 13, 2020.

1. noiraude

noiraude Member

hi all again!!
    switching from blown alky KB wedge motor with wet sump oiling system(RCD pump) to hemi dry sump (still RCD pump)and i'm scratching my head regarding the proper way to plumb the pump.
    oil PAN has a 16AN outlet,chassis oil tank also has a 16AN outlet,and pump has 16AN fittings all around,except for one fitting on the left.
    i bought this pump used from an alcohol F/C team,and i m using it in a door car.
    any help appreciated about routing the lines to and from the pump right.
    -also,i used an inline system one oil filter between oil pan and pump in my previous wet sump engine,to save the pump from debris in case of breakage:can i do it in a dry sump application?
    i thank you in advance
    cyril

Attached Files:

2. TAFC577

TAFC577 Member

rear fitting closest to the block is the in from dry sump tank, other rear fitting is the in from the oil pan . front outer fitting is the out to dry sump tank , inner top fitting is the out to filter and the bottom front inner is the in to the block . if you are running 70 wgt oil most people just run a coarse screen in the return line to the top of the dry sump tank. i wouldn't run anything finer than a 100 micron filter .

3. noiraude

noiraude Member

Thanks a lot!
    so far with previous roots blown wedge motor,i ran 50 wgt redline oil mainly(sometimes mixed with 60 wgt),should i go 70 in the hemi?

4. TAFC577

TAFC577 Member

depends on block and crank combo and clearances . when we ran a kb cast aluminum block we ran 60 wgt redline but when we switched to a bae billet block we had to switch to 70 wgt to maintain oil pressure.