Racepak Fuel pressure

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Rolme, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Rolme

Rolme Jr. Dragster

Have just fitted new Racepak to the car and the fuel pressure won't log,it actually logs a small minus pressure -6lb approx. Every other input is good. Have i missed something stupid here. I have even bled the line at the logger with the engine runing looking for an air lock.... Pressure is taken off at the pump output. Any thoughts?

2. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Put a pressure ga. on the end of the line that hooks up to the transducer and see what the ressure is. What model Racepak do you have? I have a pro II and in order to do static tests you have to trick the computer into thinking the engine is running and then you can static test any function. What pressure is the transducer? If it is not matched to your fuel press then you will hardly get a rise on the graft. Check these things and all your cable connections and if it still doesn't work call Ron at Racepak. He will help you over the phone and is a good guy.

3. Rolme

Rolme Jr. Dragster

Cool thanks for that will check thoughs things out and see how we go. Thanks again.

4. Rolme

Rolme Jr. Dragster

How do you trick the logger so that it thinks that the engine is running,then can i simply apply regulated air pressure to the fuel pressure input and log it? Thanks

5. pete9857

pete9857 Member

on our v300 we blow air into the sensor and see if it registers. If not, plug in a different sensor to the wiring and see if it registers.you might also have a programing problem if your racepak is set up like that.
    Glenn

6. pete9857

pete9857 Member

on our v300 we blow air into the sensor and see if it registers. If not, plug in a different sensor to the wiring and see if it registers.you might also have a programing problem if your racepak is set up like that.
    Glenn

7. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Rolme, you didn't say what model Racepak you have!
    On my Pro II there is a little red button that looks like a reset button. If you have one on yours then just turn the computer on and hold the button in for 15 seconds. Yes you can blow air into the line after 15 seconds. Blow the air into the line with a rubber tip blower and release it for about five cycles. This makes it easier to pick up on the graft. Then down load and check the channel on your monitor. Again, be sure the transducer is the right pressure. If you have a 700 lb. transducer It still will only show small blips. The transducer puts out a voltage from 0-5 volts to the computer. The larger the transducer the less voltage will be sent to the computer with air pressure. The transducer is marked for pressure. You could also have a problem with the setup on this channel. Read the book on how to set up the channel. On my computer you can right click on the channel and it will give you the channel parameters. It should be 0=1 and 5=your transducer pressure. Like I said read the book. If you are still having problems I would be glad to help If I can but Racepak is your best bet. I have installed several Racepak's on different cars and am getting ready next week to install a pro I on friends altered and have had to figure out how to do much of this on my own. Hope this helps.
    Bob Holley

8. Rolme

Rolme Jr. Dragster

Bob Sorry its a Pro 1A. Thanks for your help, the car is on the other side of the country at the moment and i will be there in a couple of days i will let you know how i get on. Again thanks Stuart