R.I.P. Bobby Martindale

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Burnin' Money fc, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Jerry Martin

Jerry Martin New Member

R.I.P. My friend Bobby

I met Bobby 3 years ago In Gainesville, my home track. He showed up to the track with the car in a million pieces, witch it only took me a short while to realise this was not uncommon for Bobby! He needed help, so I helped him unpack the trailer and begin to build the bottom end, Now keep in mind this was the first day i met the guy and he trusted me to assy. 80% of his car! I at first thought what in the world have I got my self in to! But by that evening he tought me so many things and told me so many storys and he bought me dinner because that is all he had to offer. From that day on I Thought the world of Bobby and he the same of me. I spent every moment I could with him. Bobby never cared if he won or if he ever even made a good run he was STILL HAVING FUN! He opened up so many doors for me and gave me the chance of a live time to get my alcohol license. I think I would dishonor him if i didint keep on having fun just the way we have been doing at every race for the last 3 years. We will miss you friend, but it eases my mind to know you are looking down on us with your daughter still pointing us in the right direction, and making us laugh! Even with empty walletts we are still doing what we love and still having fun!
    GODSPEED BOBBY:D

2. suddenimpact201

suddenimpact201 New Member

I Met Bobby About 6 Months Ago. I Had A Add On Here Trying To Get Parts For A Floater Rear. I Got A Call From Bobby At About 11 At Night Saying He Had Everything I Needed. Not Only Did He Give Me A Great Deal He Drove About A 150 Miles To Meet Me, Just To Make Sure That The Parts Were What I Was Looking For. Great Guy You Will Be Missed.
    Joe

3. DRAKE VISCOME

DRAKE VISCOME New Member

Bobby's wife & family

Hey...Gerry & family...my sincerest apologies for not being able make Bobby's service..I'm in New York today...trying to "salvage" my Mom's (& late Dad) monies with the Wall Street/Wachovia deal...just know our hearts' are with you..as I stated previously on this site...not just I...but any/everyone who ever met Bobby...just had to (and did!) love him...hope he's saving me a parking spot...because racing again with Bobby...for me...will bring back the "fun"..with all of our love...VeryTrulyYours, Drake Viscome

4. 23/cobrajet/tee

Rip

I am very saddend to read about a fallen racer, even though I did not know him. Those that race know we are all family at the Drag strip and would give what ever we have to help a fellow racer but not this time all we can do is feel the loss. Reading the tributes to Bobby I can only hope I will be remembered as fondly as he. All my best to his family and friends, Gods speed Bobby.
    Ken

5. KrisWilhelm

KrisWilhelm New Member

another great gone

I met Bobby along with Jerry Martin in Gainesville a few years ago. We were elbow deep in grease with the engine in a million pieces and I was naive enough to think we could get it back together for the last qualifying shot. Bobby smiled and laughed, as he did so well. He was truly compassionate that weekend when my grandmother died, a true gentleman.
    I spoke with him on the phone earlier this year and I had the chance to tell him I became a mother, he was so happy for me. We talked about seeing each other at an event this season, which didn't happen unfortunately.
    I was hoping that there would be no more tragedies this season. We have lost too many great racers. I wish I could walk away from this sport...
    My only comfort is to know that he is with his daughter finally. My deepest condolences go to his widow. One woman should never have to loose two of the closest people to her...
    God speed Bobby

6. NoelFCfever

NoelFCfever New Member

miss ya bobby

I was one of the guys workin on the car that day in atlanta, along with mike and charles. I only knew bobby for a year but you only have to know him for 5 minutes to realize what a special person he is. I told him i have always wanted to work on a funny car but didnt know anything about them and he invited me out to some races and let me help. Bobby and Jerry taught me a lot and I'll never forget hanging out with them. If everybody in this world was half the person bobby was it would be one peaceful world. love ya bobby and godspeed!

Noel