question on psi screw

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by raceman526, Feb 4, 2008.

1. superpro453

superpro453 Member

Hear hear, raceman526.

It's a bracket... If you want to over spec a car to keep the maintenance down, why not. I have run an injected BBC for years and want to go a little (ok - quite a lot) faster. But since we frequently get called for the next round just after returning to the pits, I need to keep the between rounds maintenance to a minimum... or zero if possible. One of the ways to do that is to eliminate blower maintenance..... the way I looked at it was one screw blower was probably cheaper than 2 roots....

2. craigwilcox

craigwilcox New Member

It is everyones desire to keep maintenance costs down. When a car owner purchases a screw blower, he'll recogonize that. The blowers turn at less rpm's, the blower is inspected every two years, your oil should be cleaner, and many more positives to list, but the additional costs is out weighed by not having to restrip, scored bearings by high rpm's and costs of general maintenance because of high rpms. If one blower is maintenance free and performs better than one at half the price, I'd op for the better of the two.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008