PUKE TANK LINES

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by funnycarguy 230, Mar 13, 2005.

1. funnycarguy 230

What is everybody using as puke take lines I have seen a couple of T/F cars they have a line that is flat and bends easy it says sprialflex on the line. I can't find any info on them.Tell me what you use Thanks

2. big wheel

big wheel New Member

the line is made by goodyear & you can buy it from wizards wherhouse ... tom akers

3. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

Tom, is this stuff fire resistant or fireproof? IHRA stipulates that fireproof breather hoses have to be used this year.

4. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

The lay flat (blue hose) is not !! fireproof. It is very easy to ignite and so is the stuff it is transfering in the hose . If you have a funnycar I would caution against using this . We have had a bad result with it when it caught on fire , the car was gone in 30 seconds.

[ March 18, 2005, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Les Mellows ]

5. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

Mike Baker emailed that the "lay flat" TF hose is acceptable,however,be cautious of kinks in the routing as it will not stay open....That told me its not worth the risk..he also said fire resistant,not fireproof.

6. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

We use the marine fuel line.(with the wire in it) we've had 2 fires and they held up well!