Public Service Announcement - A friendly reminder on the lack of parity in TAD

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Aug 18, 2006.

1. 490mega2

490mega2 New Member

balance

I wonder if nascar (gag) would run the truck's and the car's together ? NO!, why, because they are .........DIFFERENT!!!, (less different than A/F and TAD)

2. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

To John Haley

There was no ill will towards anyone in the class, don't take it personally. I merely agreed that the chances of total parity between the two combo's is pretty slim at best. Yes, I am in the A-fuel group, with Mark Niver, but when I started out helping him, he had a BLOWN ALCOHOL DRAGSTER(in 1984 no less!). When he decided to go A-fuel, I thought he was on drugs. NO ONE was running good with one of these things. But none the less, I kept helping him, and look how things have progressed. (not by anything I did, that's for sure). Any way, no one knows what these things are capable of. Sometimes it seems as if you are just against the A-fuel idea for the hell of it. I'm not against the BAD, I can just see the handwriting on the wall. Like I said, don't take it personally, just an observation.

Sorry for using my given nickname of Langenhammer.
    My name is Bob Langston-notice the correlation?

Peace to all in the corrupted sport of drag racing.

3. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Top two

Here we are with only a few races left in the season and there is a race for the national championship in TAD. In reality it could go either way. You would have to say that the best in class of each type of car is represented.
    I applaud the O'Bannon team. They are not complaining and am sure they think they still have real shot at winning the championship. If not for a couple of slip ups by them as of late it would be a dead heat.
    I doubt that NHRA is looking at the class with the scrunity that thoes of us envolved are but that is the nature of things. Who is at the top carries a lot of weight with them. Each type of car as I predicted a long time ago picks and choses the best conditions for them to race.
    Sometimes I think this thread pops up when things are slow on the site. But thats ok as there always seems some people out there are interested in following the posts.
    No matter how we put every run made durning the year under the magnifying glass the bottom line is we have a race to the finnish with a blown car capable of winning it all. I know this post will solisit all kind of responces of examples of this run or that run and what if's or woud-of-should-of-could-of but I bet NHRA is tired of the turmoil in the class. I just hope we still have a class to race in as I have a vested interest in it.

4. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

I have nothing against the a/fuel cars, I love em. Nitro is cool. I respect the teams that have made them work and the others that are trying to make theirs work. I also love the Blown cars. Blowers are cool too. I don't see any blown cars running 5.20's. How do you get an a/fuel car not to run 5.20's, I don't have a clue and I don't think anyone else does. It does seem that a/ fuel cars are running less 5.teens with 97%. But I am not counting. What should we do, I think we should just be fair with each other and talk nice about it.

I like real names on the net, sometimes i don't know if one guy is 1 or 10 different screen names. I like Mark Niver and all the other a/fuels guys i have met.

5. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

Peace, I'm cool wid it awwwwllll too!

6. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

Oh ya, almost forgot....

sincerely Bob "Langenhammer" Langston.

7. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Ummmm I was NOT notified about that being your given nickname....in fact I never seen a memo on this....I thought your nickname was #$$@%^^%(*)(*&^^%%^$#%%&^%$#(*()^&$@IVER all these years...My bad Sir Langendrinker!

GOLDENS RULE!

KB....Kevin "Joker" "^*&*((*&*&^^%%^$&@%^+_)*&" Brown

8. alky racer

alky racer New Member

I have a question to all the A-fuel guys that visit this site. I was wondering is there anyone out there that can give me a reason that the blown cars should not get any more overdrive? I know that there are some big name A-fuel driviers that browse through now and then and I want there thoughts. I would like to here how anyone can see parity by looking at E.Ts. I dont want to open up a bash form just looking for honest information from the other side of the class. Please understand we need to fix the problem its in the best intrest for everyone in the class!

9. alky racer

alky racer New Member

Suddenly the crowd goes quite. I did not think I would actually get a response.

10. eli

eli Banned

I will give you my opinionn, (not that it means anything) but if you think about it, and look to the future of drag racing you can see where im coming from, an A/ Fuel car is the closes car to a top fuel car to drive that NHRA has to offer, high gear, no revving it up on the starting line, two pumps, basically the only difference is the blower and tune up, so if there is a class to teach future drivers how to drive a top fuel car, this is it. now a TA/D, in my opinion, is harder to drive, you got to shift it twice, and it better be on time, you have to rev it up on the line, and that better be right too! now I dont know if NHRA keeps statistics on who blows up more A/F or TA/D, but i would think with the revs that an TA/D turn that they would have the most. We are in the TV. age,ill bet it cost as much to run anTA/FC and or a TA/D as it dose a top fuel car, (considering that they don`t run the full schedule), or dam close to it, I know Frank ,(Manzo) told us once back in 03, that he got $250,000 from his sponcers and had to put in $50,000 of his own, and bear in mind that he has 30 years of experience, and knows what hes doing,Now don`t go get your undies in a bunch, im not say ing that you dont know what your doing, just that there are a lot that dont. now take all this in to consideration and you can figger out why NHRA wont give the blower cars more boost, oil downs and down time for the national events, of coarse they could give you more just at the points meets??? ITS ALL ABOUT THE AIR TIME. ;) :D

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  11. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

I think the response from alky racer typifies the problem here, that it's a/fuel vs TAD and each side is out to get the other. I'm sorry but it is one class made up of both combinations and "it is what it is". Time would be better spent promoting the alcohol catagories as a whole than bickering about parity. And, in case you wonder about my allegiance, I work on an alcohol dragster. I'm way more concerned with making it run to its potential than I am about what percentage the nitro guys get.
    ..............where are my 3 smooth stones?

12. eli

eli Banned

Russ they should be rough, smooth ones swallow to easy. :eek: :D

13. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

At least the smooth ones pass easy...:eek: