PSI Screw which one

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Bob69, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

fuel

i know this is getting slightly off the original topic..

creech, while i haven't seen it on a flow bench, it's been my experience on the track anything much smaller than a 45 in a leanout, high speed or whatever you want to call it is a very negible change. I've even heard that the fuel can blow right by that small of a jet. the other thing is if you have that leanout jet open in high gear, why not just lean the main jet .005 or less to achieve the same flow in high. also when you turn one leanout off and turn another one on on the shift, you have .2 to .3 before the motor sees the effect of the leanout. if you're wanting to run 2 leanouts, figure out the flow you want to take out, then combine two jets to get the flow you want out in low, then close one, usually the bigger jet in 2nd, then close that one on the high gear shift. that way the leanouts stay on and you have a smoother curve.

2. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

Constant flow fuel system techniques

This has to be the best discussion of fuel systems and their varied requirments I have ever seen on this board, please keep it up, I am very interested in how all this compares to what I have surmised from the books I have read, what I have heard from others and the little I have seen myself. As long as it is kept generic, I dont think it will hurt any tuners too bad ;)

Richard Gavle

3. JRB

JRB Guest

What do you mean by that? Ive seen numerous cars use 45`s down to 35`s and they make a pretty big change. It just depends on the pressure of the system. If you run a high pressure system, depending on the actual PSI, a 45 can take out upwards of .4-.6 of a gallon. Possibly more. And Trust me, on that particular car, it made a big difference.

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

kick

maybe it's the difference between a kick in the ass and a swift kick in the ass...

5. JRB

JRB Guest

Good Point, Will :cool:

6. Bob69

Bob69 Member

A couple of years back we have run a legal "D" on a FC tour down in Australia at 92 over, against the locals running "C" rotors and 116 over, we were certainly keeping up with them and insome cases kicking arse(in the .60's). Manifold presure was around the 50 mark.
    I didnt know at the time we were running a "D" being new to screws, but I was aware it had additional coatings etc but wouldnt have thought it made that much difference. (the quality of the discharge air, in my opinion that matters)

Someone mentioned that the rotors were different, do we have a specific mesurement? My reason for that I am sure but could be wrong, when Norm D was at the helm of PSI he mentioned to me he had done upgrades to various "D" casings bringing them up to effectivly a "C", is that right? Or did I misunderstand and hence the confusion I have what sitting on my Pro Mod.

7. Warrior

Warrior New Member

D Rotor 206mm (Female Lobe is Flat At the tip)
    C Rotor 210mm (Female Lobe Is Pointed at the tip)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  8. Creech

Creech Member

Will
    Most of that post I copied off Darren Mayers website. I know what your saying about a .045 jet. A .080 + a .040 = the area of a .089. If I wanted to lean out low and second, I would but something like a .050 and a .060= a .078 in low on a 50 or 60 pound check and shut one off with second and the other with third. Check depending on where I want them open and jet size depending what the track and motor will take.

Marty

9. willy200

willy200 Member

Difference between PSI blowers.

Can someone advise what the different is between the different model PSI blowers that have been built, thanks.

Model A

Model B

Model C

Model D