Psi mods

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Tom L, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Tom L

Tom L New Member

On there website it says people have using outside sources for coating rotors and Mod's.

So that means if you can buy a new blower every three years its ok for someone else to modify it to be better but it wont recert! Sounds fair!!

Tom

2. Creech

Creech Member

With any sfi certified part no modifications done by anyone except original manufacture. Enter at your own risk. I don't think they're saying they wont re cert. It could be costly if the wrong procedure was used to coat the rotors.

3. psi

psi New Member

Facts

This is what the posting on our Website states:

Notice Regarding PSI Recerts

PSI reserves the right to not Recertify a Screwblower that has been coated outside of PSI Spec's.
    We have had too many (15) come through our facility this year that have the rotors coated from outside sources, due to critical precedures not being followed in turn, causing unrepairable damage.
    This is costly to the racer, if you need your rotors recoated before your cert is up, then call us and we can get it done at a much lower cost.

PSI

4. Creech

Creech Member

Id like to add something here. I consider myself crew chief capable, though I don't know everything I do know allot about nearly everything on the cars. I'm diverse in the automotive field diagnose new cars flat rate mechanic. automatic transmissions to early 2000's (transmission builders for foreign and domestic later than this make $150 hr and require constant study). Ive built 18 speed eaten/fuller transmissions that require timing the gears(its quite a project) for trucks and can handle air systems on cement mixers. I know this is starting to sound like a resume but I'm just trying to tell you where I'm coming from( unless anyone needs a diverse wrench and pays well cause I want to get the hell out of here). The reason I quit the diesel field was my wife couldn't stand the constant smell of diesel oil. The reason I got a divorce was she accused me of loving my race car more than her and I told her at least she had that right.

To the point: I spayed the rotors of a used PSI D with that silicon gel that the roots blown guys use to get more boost and lengthen the life of the strips by 5 times and got 58 pounds @9800 on a 471 that I got from Jerry Maddern( Excellent piece and I sort of feel bad about the deal he gave me on it) 115 over. After a couple 10'7 burnouts and part throttle role threw's.On the first pass, shifted early, motor was fat and never really came on.
    I was going to keep it to myself but I'm fed up with these C...K S.....R 'S And cant get paid.

I think if you funny car guys put your heads together you could knock King Frank of the top of the hill. Its still a Quarterbacks ball and I'm not saying give away the playbook.

This probably belongs somewhere else, but I just needed to ramble.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  5. blown375

blown375 New Member

Creech ; You needed to put this rambling in the drivers blogs or somewhere else.
    Not to be rude but it... your post has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

PSI ; do you guys recoat the rotors on the roots blowers???

6. psi

psi New Member

Roots recoat

No we don't

7. Creech

Creech Member

Sorry about the ramling but if you read it I was mentioned that silicone gel works to protect the rotors and 58 pouds of boost was actualy at 9600rpm sorry misprint. Rather than building up coating on the worm and screw and possibly having your blower siezed for an sfi infraction, gel is cheap.

8. JP

JP Member

That REALLY shed some light on your post!!!!!!!:D Take care marty we know is still winter cold.:D

9. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

psi

psi check your pms please

10. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

wow

that post could be taken out of context....LOL....oh wait, he's just saying check your pm's (private messages)...couldn't resist...:D

11. roger001@telus.net

roger001@telus.net New Member

Has anyone had a blower refused a recert. because the rotors were coated by someone other than P.S.I.

12. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

I would hope not since there have been no problems caused by this. Just makes them better.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  13. Chris Rose

Its funny when PSI won't recert blowers with "fixed" rotors. As of now, other people are making PSI look good by fixing their parts, even when they are new out of the box. And PSI wants to get upset that they don't have to do the repairs? A 58# screw blower ought to be retired in this day and age. Yet PSI will still sell these brand new! Word to the wise: if you have a dragster with under 60#, get rid of it!

14. Tom L

Tom L New Member

They changed there minds? changed there post on there website! New blower every 3 years you can do what you want to it!

15. doug_ta

doug_ta Member

16. cpgeneration

cpgeneration New Member

recert

i could not find it !!!! even with my glasses on..:D