Promotion of the TAD-TAFC classes?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Kevin Brown, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

once they see what we have...

i don't think it will take long for this to catch on once we get it to the track...

will

2. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

Hey Kevin you would have to run Alcohol if you go SC nitro is not allowed so you might as well start now using Alcohol

Just Kidding you

But I think that your right it you guys dont blow you own horn no one else will

Lanny

3. EJ Johnston

EJ Johnston New Member

This is a good idea........If we were racing I would buy one.

4. bryanbrown

bryanbrown Member

I need someone to run over this whole thread for me. I didn't look at it for a few days, and now don't feel like reading through the 7-8 pages. So, if someone would clue me in, it would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

bryan brown

5. Alky F/C Fan

Alky F/C Fan New Member

Want in on the Promotion

Kevin, Please count us in: Monty Todd TAFC222 thx Steve Neal sneal@bishop.edu, Shout back and let me know how to pay$ etc

6. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

adding to the list:

Reep Racing
    Randy Eakins
    Monty Todd

I should have a report on the stand and rendering of the poster this afternoon. I don't know that i'm smart enought to post it on here, but if I have your e-mail i will send it to directly to you e-mail. Then if everyone would let me know if you approve of the design. If we need to make changes we will.

Thanks Jeff

7. ITS IN MY BLOOD

where are they ????

i notice and recognize most of these drivers and teams, but why dont we see or hear from the champs or div champs of the alcohol class, everyone needs to be stepping up on these ideas as in a group thing. i never hear or see post`s or comments or contributions from peoples like.

manzo
    newberry
    federlin
    force
    payne
    chesterman
    moats
    bucky
    cheeseman
    harrington
    gordon
    snyder
    david ray
    stidham
    branch
    demke
    will
    johnson
    kelly
    gallant
    shields

Al i am sying is that there is TAD & TA/FC
    with the top 50 drivers listed from each class
    thats 100 drivers, is any body trying to contact these drivers to participate as a whole group , or is it just word of mouth threw the ITA ???
    ONE HUNDRED PRO SPORTSMAN DRIVERS wow sounds like alot of pull and leverage to get what is needed to improve on (OUR) two classes

8. blownracer/a-fuel

they are busy working on their cars,don't have time to stay on the web

9. ITS IN MY BLOOD

yea right !!

yea i would be workin on the car too, that is, if it had anything to be done on it that required me to be there. certs already done...lets test... so all those names too busy...lmao
    i am on here because i like staying in touch with what MY friends are up to and ideas we all might have, maybe if others were`nt such soaches ,alot more could be accomplished on alcohol goal achievments, as a whole rather than a parity..... boy that sounds snooty..snouty...w/e

10. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Rendering sent out

The rendering was sent out to everyone i had e-mails for. If you signed up and didn't get a e-mail from me send me a e-mail and i will forward it to you.
    Thanks Jeff

11. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Jeff, nice work but it is a bit different than what I had in mind. This whole Idea was to show who we are as racers and what class we run with only the series sponsors....plus ESPN2

Top Alcohol Dragster

Head shot

Marty Thacker

Lucas oil NHRA ESPN2

Yours is nice and whatever folks want to go with.....My original idea was to keep it simple, but again whatever you guys think.
    Jeff thanks for taking the ball and running with it your artist seems to do nice work. The problem I see is there are several people out there who help the classes...we must draw the line so somone don't get butt hurt...

Kevin

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  12. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: good thought

can i have my name on it too??? what is the criteria to get a business on it? is someone elses name affect the cost? bla bla bla???

13. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Let me know

I can see that my last post has upset some....you know what....I feel that I'm part of the problem....I for one think this is a great idea but with some involved seems to me that when I post attendance goes down....when you fine folks figure out what you are going to do someone please e-mail me so I know.

It's all yours.....

KB

14. Blown Chances

Blown Chances New Member

Hey, sorry I'm late, did I miss the party.

Kev., you're acting like a drill sargent with heart.

You're saying: Come on you worthless magots, you got nothin, blah blah blah.

You mean: Come on, its not that tough, we can do it.

I know what you're saying because I know you, but it came out too negative. (And yes I know that sounds corny, but hey, give a kid a break) I can see you really got excited about this whole thing, and for good reason. It is a good idea. Maybe you have talked to everyone in the classes and they've all said no, but if you're only going by a lack of posts on a message board you're giving up too easy.

Personally I've been hella busy with school with finals during this whole process. I just sent Jeff an e-mail tonight. I really like the idea. Our stand is pathetic all scratched and crappy. If we all have something nice to start the season with it will stay nice and give each team, a professional touch. People in the alcohol classes have a hard time coming together and accomplishing anything. Its a fear of commitment, or change... or something. Also, the entire process is under an unrelated topic ( promotion of... is related, I know, but doesn't say anything about handout stands.) . I'm impressed with the response and backing this is recieving.

The real problems are:

Cost, most already have a stand and have a hard time pulling out a hundred+ to replace a perfectly fine piece of equipment. If the company that has the big logo at the top of the picture shelled out the dough and hand delivered it to your trailer we'd have 100% compliance. (I haven't seen it so I'm not talking about a specific co.) This is going to take a small amount of work and money by each individual team to get it accomplished. (However much less since Jeff is putting in the organizational efforts) All I'm saying is I don't think Bernstien, Force, or Herbert got out some of the money their sponsor gave them, to buy something with another company's logo on it.

The logos, Lucas, ESPN2, etc. aren't paying for these but they're gaining from them. If ESPN2's logo is included our TV time slots should be there too. Jeff had the idea earlier and no one commented. I think that would be a smart way to use these as a promotional tool. The more viewers the sportsman TV coverage gets the more value a sponsorship is worth.

I do agree that it needs to be a uniform design throughout both classes in order to appear profesional.

It's kinda butthead of me to be putting in my .02 after most of the work has been done but I hope it's useful.

Cody "The Flash" Perkins

15. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

I got your email Jeff, I'm making a few changes to the rendering and i will try to post a copy of my changes later today or email it to Will to post it.

16. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

I would be good if someone picked up the phone and contacted some of the top 50, I think many who race fear posting on any sort of board because they fear they will say the wrong thing, use the wrong words, get stepped on. offend someone. or simply don't see a message board as a means of organization or communication. Or maybe they are simply too busy in their everyday lives to read a message board. Another reason you don't see some of the racers is out of frustration from ideas falling apart in the past. DON'T get discouraged. these are baby steps and good for the class. Don't be offended by ideas that come late after the first sketches or proofs. You all have to stick together. It would be nice to see an image posted here of whats in the works so those who fear posting or whatever can casually see the presentation and maybe get on-board. Maybe Will can do that. This can lead to more promotional ideas in the future if everyone works together .

17. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Wow Cod....don't sugar coat this tell me how you really feel....

It seems that I bring controversy in all I do...this little idea of mine was more a test than anything else...I wanted to see if we as racers could agree on something as a unified group....

If anyone needs me please e-mail me as I have a new race car to put together and won't have much time to spend on the net.....

Happy Holidays everyone and see some of you in Jan in Vegas...

PS. Without a drill sargent the troops will run wild.....

Kevin
    jokerswildracing@aol.com

18. TAD3790

TAD3790 New Member

tried to post sphoto of display

Will, I tried to post a digital shot of the proposed display for the racers. It keeps telling me I have exceded the max size of file even though its below 39.1kb. Email me, and maybe I can email you the attachment to post. Thanks BW

19. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Just got the first 5 stands.....nice piece will work well I think

KB

20. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Update

Here is a update on where we are at.

Changes will include the following. These are still depending on the appovals to use logos.
    Lucas Oil
    ESPN 2
    Jegs All-Stars
    insidetopacohol.com (smaller than before)
    American Color scans (smaller than before) American color scans can be dropped off but the cost will go up about $75.00 per stand and poster.
    Someone suggested adding Poweraid.(my opinion is they are not supporting the alcohol classes) need comments.
    The stands look good to me and the herocard holder even has thing to hold down the cards from blowing away. The poster frame holder on the stand is a little lighter gauge than what i would like to see but it will make it a little more stable when the wind is blowing.
    I hope to have the next rendering and picture of the stand sent to everyone i have a e-mail for buy tomorrow. (i still don't have a e-mail for everyone yet.)
    Here is 2 dead lines we are going to set.
    #1 Final approval on rendering by January 5th
    #2 Pictures & payment to American Colorscans buy Jan 15th (American
    color scans will place the order for stands on Jan 16th) If you have a stand already ordered or have one please note that on your payment along with the date of the first race you will this year. This way he can accomadate the guys getting out early.(at a later date we will post cost for stand and poster and just poster and address where to send it too.)
    Also people will be able to order these after the 15th, but the cost may go up because we can't get the discount on the stands if he purchashes them one at a time.

The next issue is on what shot (head, waist up, chest up.) and firesuit or crew shirt. Most responses so far are for the waist up shop. Firesuit seems to be the most requested. Some responses were that " Fire suits don't look as good as crew shirts". Also keep in mind a lot of people don't have the sponsors on there firesuits. The waist up shot does give each poster sponsor reconigition. Does anyone know what the pros have on theirs?

Sorry for being so long but i'm just tring to make everone's thoughts heard.
    E-mail me at jwilson@starcon.org so we can get this finalized as soon as possible.

Jeff