Promotion of the TAD-TAFC classes?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Kevin Brown, Dec 2, 2005.

1. dr. greenthumb

dr. greenthumb New Member

first off ill appologize for my first post being so long. ive been hanging around the site for about 6 months now and finally figured this would be a good topic to give you guys some input on.

as a short introduction, my name is Brent, im 25 and have been racing pro imports for 6 yrs. im starting the next fase of my racing career and my plans are to be in TAFC by the time im 30, so that gives you a little background where im from.

now on to the topic, the idea of the pit stands is a VERY good idea for you guys. its a very good start at putting a name with a face and thats the first thing you must do to get fans to look closer at you.

when i go to a divisional or national event and walk through the alcohol pits i see alot of teams that dont try to do anything to make the teams look uniform and everyone wearing different shirts at the line. its not that hard to get some t-shirts made or just wear one of your sponsors shirts to make everyone look better and more organized.

another thing i barely see is press releases from the little guys. we put out press releases before and after every event, put yourself out there as much as you possibly can, any press is good press.

another thing we do is put out a bi-monthly 4 page news letter about the team and how they did. it started as just a update for the associate sponsors that we dont have the time to call and give updates, but to our surprise a few fans saw them on the golf cart and wanted them, so we made our own fan club and for $5 a year we send the newsletter out to the fans, as someone already said in this post fans want to feel like they know someone "on the inside". weve only been offering it to fans for about 6 months and we already have over 200 people on the mailing list.

i have some more ideas but i need to get back to work, and please dont take any offense to anything i wrote, just trying to offer up some contructive critisism from an outsider coming from a segment of the sport thats struggling.
    thanks for reading and i look foward to being out there with you all in a few years.

2. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Good Response

Look like we have reached our 25

new additions are
    Don Hudson
    ParkerTech
    Karen Benkovich
    Johnny Athen

3. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Joe Windham

still need e-mails from the following

Guy Kelly
    Dave Haraita
    Dewayne Shields
    Paul Juliean
    Ray Hack

Jeff

4. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Jeff, when they ship if you want to have the west coast boys shipped to me or someone else out here it might save on some shipping for some...Whatever you guys decide....

Shields and Juliens are bought....I have 3 coming....(I ordered them before you took this on)

KB

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  5. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Kevin:

Let me know what you think of the quaility of the stands when you recieve them. Did they give you a time frame on delivery? Once you access them we can determine to go forward with ordering at least the 25. Once we get everything else in order we can determine the logistics of shipping to make it cost effective for everyone. We will also try put a priority on those going out early this year.
    Jeff

6. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Jeff, I had them 2nd day aired....don't have them yet....I spoke with a rep from FFR yesterday and they were trying to find the order...I will damn sure let everyone know when I get them..

Kevin

7. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Update

Robin Samsel

We now have 25 people interested in the stand/posters.

I just spoke to the graphics guy and gave him the logos of the companies that support the Alcohol Classes. A couple of people sugested that I left off
    www.InsideTopAlcohol.com (guess who sent that in) an Jeg's Allstars. I do think both should be on poster.

I have someone working on getting OKs to use the logo's

The first rendering should be e-mailed out by next Wednesday. We should also have Kevins & my assesment of the quaility of the stands by then.

Thanks everyone for the responce (I didn't think Alcohol guys could agree on anything )

Jeff

8. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

Or should we have diff. ones for a/fuel and blown cars

9. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

I guess i forgot to mention that the A-Fuel ones have a different weight break.

10. Hank

Hank New Member

E-Mail address

Hi Jeff,
    Did you get my E-Mail this time?
    It will have 3% less ink!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  11. Izzy

Izzy New Member

I think it would only be fair that they only have to pay 97% lol
    Jeff

12. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Now thats funny!

KB

13. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Add
    Curt Schendel (Team Intergra)

KB

14. jeff_7306

jeff_7306 Member

15. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

adding to list

Jeff Carroll
    Curt Schendel Need e-mail address

Jeff

16. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

17. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Stands

I have 5 coming....to my shop in Utah.....

Me
    Shields
    Curt Schendel
    Paul Julien

I will let everyone as Jeff will as well what they look like for sturdyness and overall quality....

We are scheduled to be in Vegas for the test as well as Pomona for the Winters....maybe we can get the west coasters (those who want them) shipped to me and I can get them to Vegas/Pomona...or everyone can ship them to their shops....whatever yous guys/gals think and or want to do....

KB

18. A/Fuel&HisMoney

A/Fuel&HisMoney Jr. Dragster

You can add Repp Racing to the list. 541-474-4636 cell 541-761-1705

19. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

FFR found my order....I should have them next week...I will let you know what they look like as soon as I see them....

I still think we need more racers to get involved with this.....but who am I to think..

KB

20. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

I did the math....there has to be atleast 375-400 TAD, TAFC racers out there...we have what 28-30 ringing in on this? Sad right damn sad....

Maybe we should be looking at comp or top comp (nothing against our Comp or TC fellow racers)....because if we don't promote now thats exactly what we will need to do....

Has anyone here ever throttle stopped an A Fuel car? I think I will go to SC when we lose our class.....8.90 at 260....that would work...

I know that not everyone who runs TAD TAFC post here...but those who do can damn sure get a hold of their buddies who don't post and chime in here with their names/input...

One goes down.........we ALL go down......

UNITY people UNITY......

KB