Promotion of the TAD-TAFC classes?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Kevin Brown, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Beal TAD519

Beal TAD519 Member

We have two drivers, but we are interested as well.

2. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

It seems to me that only a handfull want to do this.....PEOPLE if we don't stand together and show UNITY no one will take us seriously.
    I just can't believe that folks won't belly up and help themselves out doing this.....If only a handfull of racers do this is will still show the world, NHRA, Lucas, ESPN and everyone else that we are content where we are at.....is that what you want? Is everyone in a comfort zone? This will work but without promotion of the classes who the hell cares about us? At Pomona....I had several spectators ask me if we run Top Fuel....pretty sad when fans have no idea of what we do...I say its time to change that...and this Driver stand is a step in the right direction. You never know if that fan with his two kids standing there looking at your car is a CEO of a billion dollar corp. If he see's that we're just fill in racers and have no UNITY other than parity issues he will walk on by....

I have ordered mine and I will do whatever I need to do to promote my team and the CLASS....if you don't then it's your bad not those on here who are trying...Please let me know what you decide (those who are in) and I will follow suit.

Kevin

3. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

Kevin, your idea of promoting the "Alky" classes was what I thought TARA was going to do. I believe in these classes and hope to run in one in the future. That is why I volunteered to help TARA. Heck, I even used to have "Alky" stats on my web site, but, due to lack of interest, I replaced it.

TARA's failure is lack of participation, by all. And, the lack of responses to this topic speaks loudly. Too damn loud for me.

Where all the racers and fans?

Don't you care about the future of these classes?

Well, I care and I offer Kevin, and all of the rest of those involved in this promotion, anything that I can do to help. Some thoughts I have are:

You might want to ask ESPN if you can use their logo, it's copyrighted.

Hero card stands are a start, but more needs to done. Positive press ink will go a long ways. Examples include community involvement in the race area, honorary pit crew members like returning military personal, etc.

I know doing these take time out of your busy schedules, but it could be by one type of car per class in an alternating schedule. Btw, doing these positive press items will give you a better chance of sponsorship, businesses LOVE good press!

Remember, if you don't care about the "Alky" classes, nobody else will either!

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

they will follow...

i think there is enough interest here, the 'pioneers' of this project will lead the way to greater participation as the season progresses.

good points fuel cars...

5. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

I put my order in with Jeff Wilson, he says there are 6 so far. Part of the lack of response is many of the TAD owners and drivers do not use the internet much and some have never been to this site.

Will is there any way you could get NHRA to put up a link to your site from their site.

6. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

link

yeah, for a pretty good chunk of change, nhra will post a link to my site.

btw, there is alot more racers that know about this site than you give credit.

7. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

When this is accomplished, It will be a great stepping stone toward working as a group for the future.

Im sure there's alot more people that think it's a great idea than will ever post.

8. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

I just want to let everyone know thats interested in doing this to e-mail me at jwilson@starcon.org. I am making a file of everone that has e-mailed. Once or if we get the 25 orders I can e-mail a file with the rendering of the basic poster. Then we can decide on what final layout. This way if i have your e-mail address i can contact everyone. I will post daily the list of names. If you have already ordered the Poster frame, please noted that in the e-mail and we can still just do the poster if your interested. If you haven't e-mailed me, I don't have you on the list yet. So please e-mail me so we can get this moving and try and have them to everyone for the first race of the year. Thanks, Jeff

9. Hank

Hank New Member

display stand, I'm in

Great Idea!!!!!
    Hope every one can see to buy yourself one for X-Mas.
    Happy Holidays to all...

10. Chsbldr

Chsbldr Member

If there is anyone out there who doesnt have a good head shot for the poster and will be in Vegas for the test sessions (I know that is sometime away) I can and will take them for you at no CHARGE for those.
    I am sure that some of you out there want to get this done a lot sooner than that but just putting out the offer...

11. TAFCTIM

TAFCTIM New Member

Count our team in. Positive step forward to make the class look more professional. Jeff I have sent you an e-mail.

12. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Slow response

Here is the list of 9 names that I have so far.

Jonathan Johnson
    Jeff Bohr
    Nathan Sitko
    Jeff Wilson
    Jay Blake
    John Haley
    Will Hanna
    Allen Harrison
    Tim Nemeth

Its kind of funny that the people who bitch the most about the parity make no effort in trying to help the class as a whole. Its no wonder this class is dying a slow death.

Jeff

13. tad2155

tad2155 Member

promoting

will be glad to help and participate

gkelly and the bama boys

14. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Jeff,
    Put my name on your list. I am suprised at the response. My internet was down all day yesterday, and I come back today, and we're on page 6.

Merry Christmas all,
    Marty

15. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Add:
    Dave Hirata
    Duane Shields
    Paul Julien

Kevin

16. Izzy

Izzy New Member

Hey Jeff, put me down. I'll e-mail you in a minute!
    Jeff Isbell

17. Hank

Hank New Member

Count us in on the stand.
    Ray Hack
    Accelerated Motorsports
    A/F 373

18. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Better response

Adding to the list. This would put us at 20

Dick Garlets
    Marty Thacker
    Kevin Brown (poster only as he has ordered the stand)

Would the following please e-mail me @jwilson@starcon.org so i can have your e-mail on file.

Ray Hack
    Jeff Isabel
    Guy Kelly
    Dewayne Shields
    Dave Hariata
    Paul Juliean
    Clint Thompson
    Beal Motorsports

I have told the graphics guy to start designing the poster with the following
    logos.

Lucus Oil For sponsoring the series
    ESPN 2 For televising the series.(should we have a spot on the poster that we can write in the date of which the race will be televised?)
    David Smith For the low qualifier awards or the company that does it with him
    (I can't remember the name of the company)
    American Color Scans for putting this togeather at cost.
    I am in the process of getting approvals to use there logos so if anyone has contacts let me know so i don't have to go thru 20 people to get approval.

This is a starting point so the graphics guy has something to start with.
    Again this is something to get dialog going.

Buy the way we have ordered one of the stands to make sure its a good sturdy piece.

Thanks Jeff

19. clint thompson

Promo Stands

Jeff,

I Just Sent You An Email Then Read The Rest Of The Pages. I Now See You Did Have Me On The List. Thanks To You For Taking The Ball On This Deal And To Kevin For Bringing Up The Idea. Great Job!

20. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Jeff, KB,others,
    This is a great thing you are doing. It will help the class as a whole. Many things like this are needed to set us apart from the other classes of racers.
    Its been mentioned before but we all should look into Crew uniforms for the pit & starting line. It makes a difference.

Who needs TARA anyway?

2 more cents.

DHM-TA/FC 756