Promotion of the TAD-TAFC classes?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Kevin Brown, Dec 2, 2005.

1. clint thompson

good work

i'll take one with the hero card box, funny car design. I agree about the espn and lucas logos digitally on the photos. this is the best support the class has ever had. kevin, i think alot of the views are people who are just surfin, then there are all the racers that for some reason don't want to post at all? i don't know why some people aren't willing to step up and be seen (heard) anyway how do i order one?

clint thompson

2. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Clint, thanks for ringing in.....on my original post of "Sticker" I meant silk screen to have them stand out...but whatever folks want....it will be up to the printer I guess....I will let everyone know on the total costs before I do anything....I hope to have the first one soon and then I can send out pics for all to decide....again thanks for the support....

Peace, Kevin

3. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

I just got off the phone with Jeff Wilson.....I think he has saved the day! as well as our checkbooks......He found some stands ready made and chrome plated...at FFR.com...scroll down to liturature holders....then floor stand...Let me know what ya think.....

Thanks Jeff for helping out on this....

Kevin

4. Alky F/C Fan

Alky F/C Fan New Member

Promoting the Class

Kevin, Are the prices that you're talking about for the stand that is in the pic's of Aarons car? I'm with a longtime southeastern F/C team that is just now trying to get serious about NHRA (yea I bought the screw blower so now we're all broke) I think that I might be able to scrape together $ something along those lines. This alky thing is a tough sell to potential sponsors when we don't have the butts in the seats. We have got to be more focused on the
    "show" for the fans. Keep us posted on this thing.

5. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

No these are more like the Pros have...A stand with a headshot on them, but one could incorp a hero card holder to them....Look my above post it has the website they are at...Jeff Wilson found them...I for one think they will work dandy....in fact I'm gonna order one to have a look see....

Let me know what ya think.....

Kevin

6. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

sorry for the slow rt

great topic kevin. sorry for the slow rt on it, been at pri, just started playing catch up today...

i will help push along any info that will make this helpful for teams to get this in place.

if there is enough interest, i'll look into getting a run of insidetopalcohol.com decals made up. if teams don't mind running a contingency size decal, i'll get some decals made. i don't have the budget for a paying contingency program at the time...

something else i have pushed for, and while we got the ball rolling, it would be a good idea is 'driver profile' spots for the espn show and for the motel 6 vision. 'hi, i'm kevin brown from salt lake city utah. short text about him, etc.' it could help showcase the personalities behind the helmet, which would help fans connect. let fans know most of us have a real job during the week. maybe when that fan that works 9 to 5 during the week in an auto body shop see's that dave hirata runs a paint and body shop, now he's made that connection and will start to follow him more.

i've tried to get nhra to look into this in the past, and the logistics of putting these profiles together is always cited as the major reason for it not to happen. instead of espn coming to us, why not have all the drivers, in their gear, firesuit, etc, show up at the espn trailer at 8 am saturday morning, ready to shoot. maybe friday night? maybe for time restraints, top 5 qual in each class at each race?

the contact on this would be jim trace at nhra. he can be emailed at jtrace@nhra.com

good thread, and i'll add more to it later today!

7. Jonathan Johnson

Jonathan Johnson New Member

Floor Stands

Hey Kevin and gang. The stands that Jeff found sure look nice and I think it would make a great statement if we all showed up at the first half dozen national events with more and more people having these. Just curious as to an earlier post about having the logos silk screened. I know for a fac that we could (myself and some others) could make a template to where all we would have to do is insert the various drivers pics and sponsor(s) logos. I will have some free time later this week after a test on Tuesday that I could try and come up with something. If that were the case we could basically send them out to everyone and you could have them printed at a local Kinos or copy center. Or we could work together with some of the printers you all have metnioned to keep these costs down. I dont see why we all couldnt have turn key ddisplays with the stnads that Jeff found and printed signs for 100-125? And if keeping those happy that support us is not worth that I don't know what is. Let me know what you all think.

JJ

8. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

9. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Kevin,

I like the idea, once everything is "finalized" on pricing let me know. I'd like one and I can see if any others from up here in Alberta Canada would like one - there are quite a few of us up here!

10. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

top end interviews

one area we may be able to look into would be integrating the finish line interviews into the motel 6 vision....

11. jeff_7306

jeff_7306 Member

Kevin, You can count me in on one of the stands. Anything we can do to help promote the class is a good thing. Who knows it might even help. If we don't do anything we know what that will accomplish don't we.

Also does anybody know what is involved with NHRA if you want to be a contingency sponsor? Divisional level or National level.

Jeff Carroll
    TA/FC 7306
    www.carrollmotorsports.com
    www.ybenormal.com

12. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Promotion of the TAD/TAFC Class

Hey Kevin, I think it's an awesome idea. Count me in too.

Nancy Matter
    761B / TAFC

13. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: all right`

hope we get more responces as i see its goin. HAY ALL YOU OTHER TEAMS........WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?????? there are a lot of teams out there posting to "parody" topics. come on marty, gloria, kosky, haley, joker etc........give us your imputs. SOUND GOOD???? everyone stay warm. it was 7 degress in lowell this am.

14. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

I'm for it!

Joker.....

15. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

For the love of RACING!

You know something....people need to ring in on this....I mean this is your CLASS(S) we are talking about! This is a great step forward in helping the parity issue...people if only a few of us do this the rest will look like outsiders...that is NOT what we want, we want to show UNITY, Promote the class and race.....I just can't believe that racers are sitting on their hands over this...but if someone brings up the word parity....my god the response is mind boggling....theres a pretty good saying out there...."You can't help someone who don't want to help themselves" seems to fit here....

Please ring in on this with your thoughts...or mark my words....the class will die soon or later...

Kevin

16. Jonathan Johnson

Jonathan Johnson New Member

Art Work

Hey Guys

I just chatted with my girlfriend about this. She and I are proficient in Photoshop, etc. and she would be willing to do the artwork for a minimal cost, albeit we can get her descent headshots, to make this look professional. I do not know the people you all suggested on the printing but I can see what it would cost to have them done around here and/or jsut ge tthe files to you. Hey fellas, here's a thought, if the other teams are not interested in helping themselves, I wouldn't worry about them. I think if those that are interested take steps to making our programs better and more marketable, we will only excel. So as long as you guys are willing to do this, I am. And to be honest, if you decide against, I will do it anyway. I really like the idea and think it will work well. Afterall, if only four of us at a race have them, then I feel sure if an interview is needed by ESPN, we will probably get a quicker glance than those who do not have this.

Will, let me know if I can be of assistance on gettting the ESPN profiles done with you. Thanks

JJ

17. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

This looks like a good idea for promoting the classes. The website Jeff Wilson mentioned also has a wire basket that hangs on the same stand to hold your handout pictures.
    Heres the link;
    https://www.ffr.com/default2.asp

Happy Holidays,
    Marty

18. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Here is what i got going on this. By the way i think this is a great ideal if everyone does it and it looks professional. First it needs to be done in a professional manor. The first is deciding what goes into the design and we all agree(i know thats almost impossible) My sugestions is support the people that support us. (all of us.) such as Lucus Oil, ESPN Inside top alcohol.com and our biggest fan David Smith(for what he has done for all of us) Feel free to nominate any other company that is a true supporter of the class. Maybe Will can set up a poll once we come up with names of who should be on the posters and most votes win. This is just a suggestion But no personel sponsors on the main poster. I spoke with the owner of American Color scans which does a lot of contengency decals and this type of work for the advertising industry. Here is the deal.He said he will do these for his cost
    He will design the poster
    He will order the stands with hero card holders
    After approval of art work we would e-mail him a photo in a j-peg file
    He would make 2 prints
    The cost at max $125.00 complete but probably a little cheaper.
    The cost of shipping would be each persons responsiblity.
    I would suggest that his LOGO be put on the Poster.
    He needs to have at lease 25 to do this at this price.
    I don't know who wants to take the lead or if we want to do this but this is the best i can come up with. Kevin being that you started this (your always the bad guy) Where do we go next. Any sugestions. If you want (and i don't want to make anyone mad ) e-mail me @ jwilson@starcon.org i will take the orders and when we get 25 we can get the ball rolling in the design.
    From there we will get appoval on design once approved then each will send photo and Money directly to American Colorscans. If someone else wants to take the ball you are more than welcome. Thanks Jeff

19. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Jeff that sounds like a pretty damn good deal...besides, I hate just having our handouts sittin' on a table anyways... If this goes our TAFC team is in.

20. D. Palmer

D. Palmer TA/FC

You can count the Follow a Dream team in on this one.
    Jeff, Jay Blake asked me if I could get your phone # for him if you could send it to clutchman@verizon.net I'll get it to him. Or you can E-mail it to the office directly jay@followadream.org. Thanks guys this looks like a good deal!