PR Snyder Motorsports TAFC

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by McSnyder, May 5, 2006.

1. McSnyder

McSnyder Jr. Dragster

Submitted by: Mick Snyder

[Snyder-Bell Reenters the Racing World

Shanna Snyder-Bell, the former Jr. Dragster Champion and irreplaceable crew member of the Snyder Motorsports/ Torco Racing Fuels Top Alcohol Funny Car, trades in the big slicks and crew shirt for another kind of rubber and attire…running shoes and a sports bra. She trades her well-known roots of the quarter-mile for some new asphalt 13.1 miles long. This weekend as the Snyder Motorsports/ Torco Racing Fuels Top Alcohol Funny Car rests peacefully in its DeMotte, IN race shop; Shanna will take to the 30th Annual OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon course in Indianapolis, IN to tackle this true test of athletics.

Shanna is excited about this weekend. “The shear mileage of the course will be challenging, but I have been training hard and I think I am up to it. My family, friends, and most of the funny car crew will be there to support and cheer me on, so it should be fun,” Snyder-Bell said.

This is a very exciting weekend for Snyder-Bell as she has something else to celebrate. The Lincoln Memorial University graduate, who attended college on a full-ride volleyball scholarship, will be graduating again. This weekend marks another milestone in her continuing education as she earns her Master’s Degree from Anderson University located in Anderson, IN.

“It has been hard trying to juggle all the activities I am involved in, but with the light at the end of the tunnel in clear view, I wouldn’t have traded the time and effort. It was a great experience and I am proud to take the final step of my Master’s program,” Shanna exclaimed.

The Mini-Marathon starts at 7:30 am on Saturday May 6th in downtown Indianapolis near Monument Circle and ends at Military Park. The course will feature one lap around the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway, which is the legendary home of the Indianapolis 500. The Mini-Marathon is one of the many kick-off events for the 2006 500 Festival.

The next event for the Team will be the TORCO Racing Fuels Invitational held in Martin, Michigan on May 13th.

Shanna and the Team would like to thank our major sponsor TORCO Racing Fuels and our associate sponsors Coan Converters, Flatout Gaskets, Lencodrive Racing Transmissions, Long Printing, R & R Racing Products and Snyder Auto for their continued support this year.

Please visit the Snyder Motorsports official website at www.snydermotorsports.com.

The Snyder Motorsports Top Alcohol Funny Car entry is sponsored by TORCO Racing Fuels. By logging onto www.torcoracefuels.com you can access their full line of innovative products including racing gasoline, additives, Skull Shine, and Skull Gear.

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  2. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Way to go Shanna and thanks Mick for letting all of us know about your sister's accomplishments. How did she do today with the half marathon. I was trying to find her name on the results page of the race and there is like 16000 finishers and you need a magnifying glass to read it. See you guys in a a few weeks in Topeka

3. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Shanna kicks butt!
    Oh yeah. Shanna's COOL !

4. McSnyder

McSnyder Jr. Dragster

Marathon Results

Shanna finished in a blistering 2:07.39, just short of her 2 hour goal. But this was a great learning experience; she spent the first 5 miles passing slower runners that started in the groups before her. With her last 5M being 20 minutes faster than her first, it is obvious her goal could have been met. I can’t begin to tell you how proud I am of her; she is just simply amazing.

Total Runners – 35079
    Overall Place – 10720
    Division Place – 759 out of 2474
    Sex Place – 3393 out of 14339
    Time – 2:07:39
    Pace – 9:45
    First 5M Time – 49:10
    10M Time – 1:38:27
    Last 5M Time – 29.12

5. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Thanks Mick, Way to go Shanna!!

Mick,

Thanks for posting Shanna's results, sure saved a lot of time trying to find in on the Indy website. Not too many people attempt a full or half marathon and to run that well in her first half marathon is awesome. I ran a full marathon earlier this year hear in the Phoenix area so I can relate to how tough they are. I couldnt believe the size of the field in Indy. I saw some aerial photos, that half was huge. Again thanks for letting us know how she did and tell her great job!!