PR-ROCKINGHAM- Rob Atchison signs JET Equipment

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by Will Hanna, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

For Immediate Release

Atchison and JET Equipment and Tools announce Partnership

London, Ontario “Back to Back” IHRA Funny Car World Champion Rob Atchison is pleased to announce the addition of JET Equipment & Tools Ltd., as official tool supplier to Atchison Racing. “JET Equipment and Tools have a 48 year history of providing Canadians with quality tools and equipment,” stated Rob Atchison. We join an established racing program that currently has IHRA Pro Mod racer Rick DiStefano and West Coast Pro Mod and former IHRA Pro Mod racer Glen May along with many other prominent teams.

“We are extremely happy and proud to be a part of Atchison Racing,” stated JET Equipment and Tools marketing director Bill Jeffery. We have been impressed with the Atchison Racing operation and their winning record for some time. Rob Atchison and the Atchison Racing Team are not only one of Canada’s most successful racing teams but great ambassadors for IHRA Drag Racing, Canada and now JET Equipment and Tools”.

. “Last year we qualified # 1 at the Spring Nationals on Friday and then I became extremely ill on Saturday with food poisoning” stated Rob Atchison. I was so sick the IHRA Medical Team had to give me IV’s to hydrate me. I never got another lap in the car to gain any data until Sunday when I was a little better but I lost in the first round to Chris Sipple after the car went into violent tire shake on launch. Mark Thomas won the race he widened his points lead to the point where we had to play “catch up” all year. I expect there to again be a huge car count in all classes at “The Rock” because Rockingham is a great facility. With the new track surface they have I can see Funny Car qualifying extremely tight for the new eight car field format. We had a lot of help from a lot of Funny Car teams including runner-up Terry McMillen and his crew at Texas just so we could make the final. In the heat of the moment I might not been able to individually to thank them all but they all know that I appreciated their help and support. In some types of racing this support would be unheard of, but not in the IHRA Funny Car class. We are a very close knit bunch who race and battle hard on the track but we have a lot of fun in the pits and are always there to support each other when the need arises.

JET Equipment & Tools Ltd. head office is located in Burnaby, British Columbia with five other strategically located branches across Canada. JET supplies five major tool and equipment product lines under the JET professional brand: Abrasives, Air Tools, Hand Tools, Machinery and Material Handling Equipment, one of the most comprehensive product lines for the Canadian industrial and automotive aftermarket. In addition, JET has recently acquired ITC Tools Ltd. (January 2000), G.E.L. Tools Ltd., (January 2003) and Hastings Tools Inc. (May 2004) establishing JET as Canada’s “One-stop shop” for tools and equipment.

For more information visit the JET Equipment and Tools Website at www.jetequipment.com or Atchison Racing Website at www.atchisonracing.com