Possible Regional Series in 2007....NHRA wants your feedback

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

i'm not saying eliminate sportsman from the divisionals....or that sportsman cars are bad, rather, what i'm looking at is a spectator event that can be ran in the industry standard 4 hr window.

2. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

fuel money

Did You Guys See How Much $$$ Torco Is Putting In Ihra Latley!!
    Not To Metion All The Cars They Sponsor In Nhra Tad & Tafc Already , & They Are Still An Un Approved Nitro For Nhra,

Last edited: Nov 3, 2005
  3. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Nitro just got a whole lot more expensive. NHRA is now counting runs and doing calculations against VP invoices. see-www.competitionplus.com/2005_10/news_dirt.html. If it dont add up for your team expect to be penalized. Because of this Evan Knoll has withdrawn his Pro Mod support, sold his interest in the top fuel car and gone to IHRA

But getting back on topic for this thread. NO it isnt easier to qualify at a divisional event compared to a national event. Ask any TAD racer in division one. I still say racers want to make the most possible runs per season which is why some racers show up for thursday test sessions at divisional races in division 1. Cut that back to less than four or five races in division and theres almost no point in building a car in the first place unless you are aiming for the top ten nationally. To get associate size sponsors which most have at least one to defray some of the costs. The more passes in your geographic region the better. For example If you have a Car Wash sponsor from Massachusetts it loses relevance to that sponsor if your racing at a national in Chicago and only two or three weekends a year in the entire northeast. You can still package the deal to have your three hour weekend afternoon window within the existing divisional series. If theres not enough series sponsor dollars to spread nationally than seek a regional sponsor for each division. Medium sized corporate entities are somewhat regional anyway and this would play into their market. But I stress you HAVE TO HAVE ADVERTIZING or the whole thing is pointless. another thing to consider is to build driver name recognition regionally. Tough to do if you dont see the drivers but for a few races a year. People like racers from thier home town or state. If they see them once a year whats to remember?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
  4. Beal TAD519

Beal TAD519 Member

If some teams do not chase national points and just want to run a certain number of regionals/nationals, what will regulate who can enter a national event (or how soon they can register)?

In this new system, some new teams and teams that run limited schedules will need to run more national events.......but will they be able to get in?

Shannon

5. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Regional

Divisional Races for TAD and TAFC should be eliminated.

I like the regional event idea. It would be nice to have 16 car fields with the opportunity for a better crowd and payout.

It might also make the top 10 in TAFC more meaningful. You wouldn't be able to run in a soft division and be guaranteed runner up points for just showing up.

6. BLOWN INCOME

Will,after Reading The 3 Pages Of Comments On Regional Racing My 40 Years Of Racing Input Is :eek:nly Once Was Mentioned About $4 Hamburghs And $4 Drinks,how About$2 Burgs.and $1 Drinks And $1 Ice Cream ..thats How You Will Help Bring In People Threw The Gate,and Return Customers Because They Are Not Broke, With The Cost Of Coming With Your Family.even A Family Pass Price ? I Would Rather See 5000 People Plus Return Customers At This Price,then 2000 And Broke When They Leave And Won't Come Back Next Race... 16 Car Field Is A Great Plus To Get The People To The Gate..again They Need The Noise/thunder More Then The Quick Times That Only A Hand Full Understand,but They Will Remember The Big, Loud, Long, Burnouts,and They Will Return Again If They Are Not Broke..average Family Is Total Of 5 People,plus The Kids Freinds They Bring.??? $$$ You Need To Get Them To The Gate Us To Stay Alive.forget Your Ego,they Will Pay The Bills When They Come Back Again And Again, Returning With More Followers.

7. sc7662

sc7662 Member

think your right

But I stress you HAVE TO HAVE ADVERTIZING or the whole thing is pointless. another thing to consider is to build driver name recognition regionally. Tough to do if you dont see the drivers but for a few races a year. People like racers from thier home town or state. If they see them once a year whats to remember?[/QUOTE]

sc7662