Pomona The Last Race

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by imjustafan, Oct 22, 2003.

1. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

OK lets start some silly season stuff about Pomona and next year....

TAD

TAFC

How come Bucky isn't entered?

Who's not going to qualify? Big surprises in Dallas.

Who's going to be the surprise car?

How is Marc White going to do with Randy Goodwin callin the shots...or is Marc calling the shots...

How is Sheilds going to do with his A/F car???

Is Lucas going to be as good next year as this year without the DM Teams??

Lets have some fun.... :D :D

2. Mr Scary

Mr Scary New Member

I'm just glad they have 24 TAFC's entered! Last year I think they had 14 cars??? That was embarrassing!

3. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Ill bite a bit.

A surprise car for next year will be the one that I have spent all year working on. John Patton's Foolish Money TAFC. We stepped up in a big way in Dallas qualifying with a 5.68 and improving to a 5.67 in round 2. After finally solving our issues we were able to lean on it and out came the numbers. We ran numbers close to Newberry, Gasparelli and Chesterman that weekend. I think next year there isnt any reason why we wont be in the low 60s or high 50s at some of the fast tracks. And maybe John will improve on that runner up in Seattle a year and a half ago next season. I cant wait till the Winters.

As far as the dragsters it ought to be interesting to see how the rule changes pan out. I think Duane Shields will be just as competitive in Bartones ex-A/Fd as he was in his BAD.

Just my 02.
    Frankie

4. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

If it is true that Dana will tune Duane, I see a top five finisher and new national record holder. Ashley Force will be STRONG! Newb will win the title in TAFC, with strong showings from the Austin twins. Tate will finish top four next season.
    O.K. I am all out of stretching possibilities. Next.

(Oh yeah, Patton will run well too.)

5. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

Yes it's good to see more funny cars entered.

My dark horse pick in FC is Clint Thompson to go to the final.

Lucas will win his last race with the DM Team.

Bucky must be really upset that he lost the title he hasn't ran anywhere lately.

Shelly Howard in a A/F dragster in 2004!!!!Crow won't tast to bad when she starts winning....

[ October 23, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: imjustafan ]

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Justafan:

If it runs good, then I called the shots. If doesn't, then Marc called the shots. [​IMG]

Truthfully (I have said this before), I have a lot of new and different stuff on the car. Stuff people don't run, but we'd like to try. We're pretty excited about running but want to try a direction that's different than most people are going. We've raced the store-bought combo's and tune-ups before and feel like the time is right to be lost a race or two just for the heck of it. Kinda like Mark Niver...in the sense that Mark has run very well doing it his way. I admire Mark Niver for that.

Plueger once told me that if you run the same stuff the same way as everyone else, you'll run the same as everyone else. While it may be a big mistake, after all the years Marc and I have been involved in alky racing between us we feel like trying some goofy stuff might be more fun than just running well.

Marc and I will bump heads on the tune-up and have modest expectations. Marc is a very good driver which should help us get up to speed quickly, but reserve the right to be carefull. Plus, we are racing a car that's been sitting for a year and a half.

So bottom line is, when someone asks me how many TA/FC are going to be at the "Final's" I say "That one". That's more than enough for me.

Thanks for asking.

Randy

7. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

Randy G.Sounds like you are making excuses for not running good before you started the car up. Mark w. is always a fast driver I think and you dont need to say your sorry before you ran the car after 1-1/2 yrs. What kind of diferent stuff are you running or do you have to kill us if you tell us.

8. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

Thanks for the reply Randy. It looks like Pomona has some good cars going, I don't know if it is a good time to test.

It's your car and I sure you know what your doing. I hope to be able to attend Pomona. Anyway good luck.

9. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

We're not going to win the championship, Frank already did, so why not try some stuff. Heck, we might end up number 24 out of 24. Do you think Manzo's car has the same stuff as everyone else? Me neither. Trust me, we're not venturing too far out of the infield in what we're doing.

I tried something on Shane Sanford's TAD (blown alcohol) sand dragster and he set a new National ET record last weekend in Primm, Nevada, in only his second outing. Doesn't mean it'll work in a funny car on the asphalt, though.

Lotsa good cars are going to be there and that's great because TA/FC racing appears healthy. So why not go with the attitude that if we run fairly well we will do fairly well. At least we're going which is more than I can say about the last 18 months of my career, except that I've been helping DT.

Stop by and say hi.

[ October 25, 2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Randy G. ]

10. Tad117

Tad117 Member

I am just happy for having the opportunity to be out there again. Pomona is one of my favorite races to go to. In n out burgers seeing those mountains the fans the weather it's like racers paradise out there. Randy good luck and see you out there Franny