Poll: How much do you think the weight will slow down the A/Fuelers?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Welcome to the current BAD world.

2. was R4K

was R4K Member

justafan- I never thought I would be sticking up for Mitch- BUT- Do you notice anything different on the front end of a 2300 lb TA/FC that doesn't seem to be on the front of the TAD's? ;)

3. mitch myers

mitch myers Guest

R4K, justafan isn't that smart. He's never really been to a race he's just seen pictures.

4. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

R4K, I realize that FC's have front brakes. I have several friends that run Funny Cars that use 2 chutes for stopping and very seldom have to use their brakes at all except for negotiating around the corner and for burn outs.
    So Mitch, are you a 1 chute or a 2 chute guy? I would think you are now a 2 chute guy.

[ October 25, 2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: imjustafan ]

5. mitch myers

mitch myers Guest

Justafan, I'm sure your friends only use 1 chute because they are not going that fast. Maybe they could just do the Fred Flinstone deal and drag thier feet.

6. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

I like the #3 reson on Mitchs post there dont go to a track that you have to hope that the opponent falters in order to win or just dont go if that is all you got to hope for. I dont think that anyone noticed but that is generally what every blower car hopes for at every national even that they run just cause of the performance advantage that the afuel cars have at them. Dont know about him but I would much rather win a national event wally than a divisional one. Now I know that you do have to win some divisionals for the championship but then again look a Alan he won the championship buy just winning 2 divisionals. Personally myself I would have just as soon seen the afuels left alone and the blower cars givin rules to help them speed up. Then only count maybe 2 divisionals towards the chamionship and then maybe 10 or 12 national events counted that way then everyone is racing on good tracks mainly. I know I know that wont work that would ruin the show at the shitty tracks and to that I say oh well fix them then.

7. mitch myers

mitch myers Guest

Sniffer dude,
    Apparently you were not at the last several National or at least paying attention. Blower cars had performance levels in the 5.20's that could have easyly been #1 qualifyer or won the event. My choice for a new points system would call for your best 10 of 16 events. As many as you want either div. or Nats.

8. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

Mitch I was more or less agreeing with what you were saying but maybe I didnt put it right there are races that the heat does bother them and yes I do think that Bartone didnt run most the summer just cause of that. That is called smart racing just as if you did the same. Let me see I was at the last few nationals and I hate to tell you this but even tho the blower cars did run high 20s I look back at the whole year and that didnt even come close to qualifying #1 at any event and yep might have won an event with it but when they could run the 20s which was at one race this year and Wells didnt win that one with the best blower run of the year. Yeah ppl can say that it was close but dont forget Darrien is a very smart tuner and he ran just what he needed to win and didnt try to rotate the earth like a lot tuners try to do. He does what is needed and should be applauded for it. That idea of yours on the points is a lot like mine I just didnt think of it going like that but I do like the sound of it. That would prolly help a lot.

9. mitch myers

mitch myers Guest

Tjenna,
    What are you a Greg L. groupie or what? Hey your right GL made what half a dozen good runs this year....great I pat him and his team on the back...job well done. Ran better than me at a couple of races for sure. But you apparently have a short memory. How did he run in the heat at Yakima last year (where he blew up all of his shit), or how about Medford for the last two years(blew up all of his shit in 02) ? Several DNQ's in the heat....right? Spun the tires and lost 1st round at Mission when the track heated up after qualfying #1. Get my point ....and I'm not singling out or picking on Greg here at all. (Parity is a two sided street) Again they have ran pretty darn good in good conditions. I wonder how he will run with another 70-90 lbs with the same hot conditions next year at Medford or Woodburn in July.Maybe he should save his money and stay home ...buy a Harley and go riding with me :) Ilike racing Greg and his team...nice folks and I wish them well....Maybe he has the answers for this deal...guess we will find out...won't we.

10. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

Mitch
    I think the decision has been made by the NHRA. Continuning to cry about the rule change does nothing but make you look like an internet crybaby. Who on the internet is going to change the rule for you. NOBODY... Go race your car and deal with the new rule or quit...its that simple...

Like I said, it is really funny how you are now crying parity when a month ago you thought everything was just fine. You have had a fast race car in the past, I don't think you got stupid and now won't have a fast race car again.

Maybe my friends the Flinstones are dragging their feet to stop their FC but at least The Flinstones had some Stones and dealt with the blower OD rule. If I remember your were a crybaby when you ran FC's too.

Some things will never change...

I'm done, I know you'll respond with some kind of crybaby post.

See ya

11. Ted Lake

Ted Lake New Member

Hey,Will
    I'm not upset with the rule changes,I have worked
    on blown cars for 13 years.I started racing TAD
    in 1987 as a wheel and header polisher.I have
    seen this class evolve,from a day when an A/FD
    was lucky to qualify,and the blown cars won
    every weekend.I now work on an A/FD thats
    soon to be the National Champ. I personaly would
    like to see every blown car out there run as
    well as Dave and Marty.Winning a Drag race is
    where preperation meet opportunity

12. Greg Duffield

Greg Duffield New Member

Again, why can't they just limit the nitro percentage and check the fuel at the weigh station?

13. Ed Verenka

Ed Verenka New Member

Again, why can't they speed up the BAD's...and leave the A/FD safer with less stopping weight.

Hang in there Mitch, the biggest whiners are the ones that whine the most.

Ed Verenka

14. Rocky

Rocky New Member

When running their best still a tenth slower than the best AFD?

15. Ted Lake

Ted Lake New Member

Greg,The main reason NHRA does not want to regulate nitro%is $. It(from what I have been
    told)would cost to much money, on the proper
    equipt. and traing of how to use it.

16. timrudy

timrudy New Member

The added weight will have a major impact on the summer bad air national events - and many divisionals, due to track conditions and shorter shutdown areas. You will not see significant A/F counts at the bad air nationals or marginal racetrack divisionals. Every A/F racer is probably studying his farmers almanac right now. Remember, all of us have to add 75 pounds or more. That is significant. If nitro liked a load, I'd make my car weigh 2500 pounds. Like any other problem we've been faced with, the A/F teams will find a way to deal with it. But don't expect to see many A-Cars at some divisionals until they learn how to accellerate the extra weight and then get it stopped.
    TR

17. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

I think some teams need to use the races close to them as test sessions.

18. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

I must be missing something here cause everyone is complaining about getting the cars stopped and top fuel weighs more that that now and they are running 50mph faster and they get stopped with not much problem. Now I know some divisional tracks maybe short but there are some national tracks that are kind of short too. What is it that I am missing?

19. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

They need something to bitch about...