Peanut Butter

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Slayer, Mar 18, 2009.

1. TAF 316

TAF 316 Member

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

EAF-316, that Ultra Gel appears to be the identical pushrod assembly lubricant that Terry Manton shows in his pushrod cartalog on his website. If it is the same one then yes, that is the one to use.

3. Creech

Creech Member

4. TAF 316

TAF 316 Member

YES Mike that is the stuff, it is the stuff that has been used by every TF team I have been involved with and pretty much every one I know of.

5. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Using Peanut butter on main studs is the way to go, but before you get all excited and make the switch you would be well advised to check main clearances. Torquing with peanut butter can and will close up main clearances. This is especiially true for forged aluminum blocks.

If you have to take it to a shop to check the mains bring the can with you. For fun you could check main clearances using the lubricant you would normally use, clean it up, apply peanut butter and torque again. You may be surprised. I was.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  6. Mac

Mac Member

Do you use the same torque specs with the peanut butter?

7. Mac

Mac Member

I picked up a can awile back but now I'm finally going to use it.
    Going to try it on the mains and head studs. Do you use the same torque specs using the butter.

8. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

just remember if you are pulling lets say 120 ft# it will pull more than that..Dave

9. camevans

camevans New Member

Red Line has an engine assembly lube that you can use everywhere in the engine, including the pushrods, bearings, skirts, valve springs, and stud threads.

We do it in both a solid paste and in a new liquid formula. Teams use the two products in different places depending on what's convenient.

As Manton correctly recommends, you want a molybdenum disulfide based lube like this, but there's more to it than that. This product also emulsifies into the motor oil so it doesn't etch the bearings like other products.

Many of our teams that were using assembly lube in addition to the Detroit Diesel peanut butter have dropped both and gone exclusively to this lube.

10. vwsamba

vwsamba Member

i got my hemi turnkey and the guy before said he used the peanut butter for 4 years no probs so i carried on and it seemed fine....