Payne runs 5.53/260 in Vegas!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jan 29, 2007.

1. David Smith

David Smith Member

opps was looking at the photos that were posted today on DRC. lol. Reguardless where it was run theres no need for these cheap shots at eachother. As for me I think I will stick to taking pictures LOL.

2. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

3. eli

eli Banned

I know what's going on here, global warming, sea leavel is higher this year from last.so all land is lower, LOL LOL LOL :D ;)

4. Jonathan Johnson

Jonathan Johnson New Member

Barry,

I can't help but to laugh at that....that is quite a analogy. You know what I was getting at though. I dont know and it is none of my business what Jay spends on his racing per year, I just know the guy is not afraid to try different things in order to go fast, and no matter how it is put, and that is what will give you an edge. I think we can all agree there. More importantly Jay, Shelly and the gang made an impressive pass and we all are saavy with that.

JJ

5. Pirate

Pirate New Member

Hey Bruce, Thats a very big of you to compare the track and weather conditions of Virginia and Las Vegas. The very terms that Manzo used when he talked to Jay, after he ran the 49 was "this place is a mine shaft". Because I wasnt at Virginia I cant tell you what the weather was, but I was at the All-Star race in Chicago when Manzo and Payne both went low 50's at 260, and the weather was 1200-1500' corrected. In Vegas last week, the Barometer never saw 28, the corrected weather on the 53 run was 2300' and there was a 12-15 mph tail wind. That along with a track that would take what ever Payne could throw at it is the reason it ran 53. By the way, the first thing out of Paynes mouth was "I sure am glad Manzo was'nt here this weekend." Everyone know's that Frank is the man, and anytime he is at the same track he is probably the guy to beat. BTW were you in Virginia. If so what did you run?

Pirate