parachute quickness/ finishline activation/engine braking

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blownapex, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

The primary reason we dump air pressure in the Lencodrive or any converter drive is to keep it from trying to wipe the bottom rod bearing. Especially in quarter mile applications, there is usually not much oil left in the sump or in the tank, so if you allow it to engine brake on decel, it can wipe or worse spin the rod bearing due to decel load and lack of oiling. Parachute hitting and sending the oil to the front of the pan or tank doesn't help. Clutch cars simply push the clutch in to de-couple it, converter cars down shift to make it over run the converter sprag.

2. pete9857

pete9857 Member

We run a lencodrive. My son doesn't downshift. When he slows down enough, he kills the engine. And also,,I have a 3 quart accumlator to keep oil pressure in the engine on decel.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  3. promodracer

promodracer Member

So what shut down procedure do you guys use with auto'show vs lenco's

4. comp altered 632

comp altered 632 New Member

I see this kind of thing at the top end as the air going over the car lifting it off the ground as a wing would ,then the wind gets under it and goes vertical very quickly. Things look like they get really bad if the car gets about 30 degrees from straight.
    It