Our "small" think tank here....LMAO...

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Will Hanna, Jan 2, 2009.

1. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

Will....
    i just wanted to thank you for the site as well. i have met alot of people on here in the last few years that have became my friends. i think this is one of the best places to get information on the net. most of the members here are very willing to share their experiences with others, and are great people. that's what makes it a great place to hang out. another thing i like is most of the time you will get more than 1 opinion on a subject, which is exactly what we need. we are looking for all of the information on a subject that will help us make an informed decision. i personally like having different opinions about our issues, that's how we learn from each others mistakes.
    thank you Will, and I would also like to thank everyone who has answered one of my posts.

2. Scouder

Scouder New Member

Gentlemen,

I am new here. Just registered so I could respond to this thread. I've been lurking here for a couple of months or so, and I must say this is a fantastic forum. I am not a top alcohol racer, and never will be, but I will be building a blown alcohol engine, and am learning from you guys every single day. Mr. Hanna, thank you for the site. If your search feature wears out, it was probably me. Mr. Canter, keep it up. I'm sure I'm not the only beginner here who has learned a great deal from your posts, and that goes for the rest of you guys as well.

-Scouder (pronounced like scooter)

3. JRB

JRB Guest

Just wanted to give a quick "thank you" to ya Will. This is a great site, and you definitely have a great group of members who offer great advice to people, me included.

You don't really need people who talk crap about a place where advice is free.
    Your not getting a 5.50 tune up from Frank Manzo here, or a 5.90 tune up from Al Billes either, but you are getting advice that can help keep guys from getting in trouble or helping to save some time and head scratching from parts attrition. Sure, you can get in contact with others about tune up`s and such, but its mainly just a place to drop ideas and pick others brains on thoughts. But what do I know? Mouth shut and eyes opened is ALWAYS the best way to learn, but apparently guys think its good to be demeaning towards others even though they know nothing in actuality. Im 23, but have learned more from people such as Lonnie Houde, Jon Salemi and many many others to know who really knows what they are talking about.

Once again Will, thank you and keep up the good work.

Jason Bunker
    www.LHPRacing.com

4. 23/cobrajet/tee

The Site

I really enjoy this site and reading all the responses from fellow racers. Everytime one of us does a good thing or a bad thing we all benefit from sharing the experiance with one another. Mike keep posting, Will keep hosting and everyone else keep posting.
    Happy New Year everyone!
    Ken

5. Eric Vollmer

Eric Vollmer Member

I haven't been registered on this site for long, but I have always checked it and read a lot of the threads for ideas and help. This is by far the greatest website on the internet in my opinion. Thanks Will for providing us with this great site!

Eric

6. JP

JP Member

What this forum is about

Let me put in a couple of words about this site

I'm from out of the main land, have been racing for 20 years of my close to 40 of life. I have been in the 5.9 at 240 in both dragsters and tafc built and tuned by me , but i just believe that I don't know shit and learn everyday.

One of the first things i do is to check THIS site everyday, because it is one of the very few that in its working is more of a "drag Racing Family" WE at insidetopalcohol are more of a group of family drag racers helping eachother , and at times poking at each other but in a GOOD WAY!

I know I will not have a chance to meet most of you in person but to have a chance to pick your brains is a wonderfull experience I had peolple that don't know me but take time to try help resolve MY problem. For that I want to THANK YOU GUYS. its MY HONOR to be part of this forum.

Also WJ you OWE this forum and WILL , an apology .......

7. JP

JP Member

Hi Mike , i dont really understand this post. YOu don't need to apologize for trying to help in the best way posible. We dont know eachother yet you have taken from your time to try to help me .... I mean this doesn't happen everyday in life. It really doesn't matter if everything turns out fine because what really matters is the sincere effort in helping , maybe one day I can help you ...

Thank YOU for everything

ps... WORDS OF ADVICE

When on your forth beer you should not be depress at all.....

8. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

9. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

And 3 more.... WJ is jealous

As far as Mike goes,

I learned about "peanut butter" from him, not the kind you eat the kind you use to keep your engine from eating parts. Not to mention the 8830 MSD capacitor and those are just 2 that come to mind.

I do have one problem with Mike, and its been a constant pain.

That is on rare occasions when someone posts a question and I do know the answer by the time I get done typing my reply and posting it Mike has usually already posted the answer only his is worded better and is more complete....:D

Richard Gavle

10. reidmach

reidmach Member

Think Tank

More like a glass bowl,,,,,,
    This site gives me, a machinist, insight to what you guys are thinking and how you are solving the miriad of variables that are inherent with the machines you play with.

It is one of the first places I go to in the morning while having a cup of coffee, I dont post much, but find the most information being passed back and forth as good or better any other site I have been to.

I'm looking forward to spending more time at the track this year to learn more

Shame someone has to be so negative about such a place!

BTW, for all that have them, A hearty Thank you for using my exhaust rockers!!

11. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

This guy has a serious problem.

Mike, I appreciate you sharing information. I don't always understand or agree but you are a experienced racer willing to share. Many thanks to you! Many good racers lurk on this board but only post once in awhile. No one has all the answers unless you have been at this a very long time. That is of course you are someone like Boggs, Davenport, Gorr, Conway Brown etc....who do this for a living on all kinds of racecars. And I am talking world championship caliber racing. Some racers just want help so they don't blow the one good piece they have up. Not everyone has been fortunate to race with a 53 footer, 2-3 spare motors , trannys and a clutch grinder. Even with one of these guys helping it isn't easy.

I personally only post if I know it can help. I don't know about BBC or this and that. I don't have experience.

No one is going to post their 5.50 funny car tune up. Don't expect them too. Some people would screw it up or the driver would screw it up even if they did. The point is when we go to the races, if the racers have their cars put together correctly it is more fun and it doesn't hurt the racing surface. Again, it is more fun and a better show.

Will, this is the best site if you are an Top Alcohol racer. Thank you for making it happen!

12. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

As far as MR. Birmingham goes if he can create a better web site and were to small for his vast Knowledge the shut up and do it.This web site has saved me so much time and aggrivation I cant thank everyone enough that also includes insidecompracing.com as well,the only ones who should be mad are the parts guys because were doing a lot better and not going broke,with no help from WJ.
    Rick

13. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

I see on this guys website they talk about 7.50's and 6.30's. Pretty hard to criticize this group. Maybe he can try and bring his funny car over into any NHRA division and see if he can run in the top five.....

14. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

wj

I have learned alot from all of you guys on a here and met some really good people that have offered ther experience to make it easier for me. WJ seems to have a hard spot in him for some reason and that is to bad. Always seems like he is pissed off at the world. ITA is a great place and one thing is 99% of everyone is a gentlemen. Thanks Will!!!!

Sean

15. Creech

Creech Member

Seriously: Thank You Mike for your great advice and Thanks Will for the Excellent website.

16. TAFC 5 81

TAFC 5 81 Member

I would have loved a "think tank" like this when I raced alky (1978-81).

17. Creech

Creech Member

I seem to have been edited, so from now on I'll keep the ethnic jokes and my religious beliefs to myself.

18. nhrapete

nhrapete New Member

From someone who was very new and had no idea, I have learned a lot from all of the contributor on this site. Mike Canter is one of a few guys that is always on here trying to help. In Australia we do not have this wealth of knowledge on a forum like this. I would think it would be a pretty big job keeping this up and running, so to Will good on you for the effort you put in. To everyone else that takes the time to help other with their posts, I wish you all the best and hope you keep doing what you are doing for us guys less knowledgeable than you.
    Thanks
    Pete

19. JP

JP Member

An I missing the point here ?

I mean, I went to his web site and found direction on how to get a $ 100.oo blown alcohol tuneup. Without sending any parts !!!!

Think of the savings:D

20. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

Omg.

Okay, think of the combined racing experience on this website. Have there been that many years since Jesus was here? :)

Secondly, this site allows OPINIONS and EXPERIENCES. Save for a few people who post here, I'm willing to bet nobody would consider themselves an expert on every detail of every part on their car. Some people know more about certain things, plus you have dealers and manufacturers lurking in the blogs.

Finally, if you think you're an expert enough to dog our think tank here, put your money where your mouth is. I hear DSR is looking for a new crew chief. ;)