nozzel flow chart gpm

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by danrace, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

That's OK with me but first let me send you corrected ones. I will do it this evening.

2. WJ Birmingham

WJ Birmingham New Member

Mike, also with your permission I can host them on my site.

3. JRB

JRB Guest

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Lesson learned, that is the last time I tell somebody I have something on a website. You guys beat me up (lol). I have passed the charts to Bob Kraemer and he will publish a link to download them.

Remember you use these at your own risk. I hold no responsibility as to the accuracy of them. I do use them myself and I trust them. Also remember that they are both for 150 psi fuel pressure and the port nozzles are for zero boost.

I know somebody will also ask why the port nozzles jets differently from the bypass jets. This is because the port nozzle jets have a different flow coeficient because they are made differently.

5. Bob Kraemer

Bob Kraemer New Member

6. WIZBANG

WIZBANG Member

Are these charts based on "flowed" nozzles from Enderle ?
    What happens to the flow GPM if you leave the bore alone, but slightly chamfer the leading edge of the bore ??????? Will it increase the flow GPM ?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  7. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

These charts are for flowed Enderle jets. This means that if you have flowed jets then they are probably flowed to this standard. If you jets are not flowed then they might or might not match. Most likely will not match. I took six .080 non flowed jets and used my leakdown tester on measured the leakdown on each jet and then compared. Wow, was I shocked as to the scatter plot on the figures. I learned years ago with nitrous to use only flowed jets. All my jets are flowed by Ralph Gorr. When Ralph flows jets he cleans up new jets then measures the flow at 150 psi then looks at a chart similiar to this and selects the matching GPM flow number and then labels the size of the jet to match. This way you can buy more jets later and they will match the flowed jets you already have. I believe that Les Davenport does it the same way. One thing I learned years ago is measuring the inside diameter of the hole only tells you the size of the hole and not the flow. There are lots of little things that change the flow characteristics of a jet. It always seemed to me a waste of time to use something like Davenport's Jetsize software and not use flowed jets. I have tried to adjust the EGTs of indvidual cylinders with non flowed jets and have the temps go the wrong way. With flowed jets the temps always move as predicted.

Wizbang, unless you can measure the flow of a jet I would leave them alone. If you chamfer the outlet side of the hole according to the formula it will increase the flow but why do that if you can just use a bigger jet?

8. WIZBANG

WIZBANG Member

Mike I completely agree with all you have to say and might I ad, that I like to read your comments here as they are VERY helpfull to all of us. Also I think Dave Lowe is ALOT of help too ! And many others.

I have use of a flow bench and have been taught by my racing "boss" alot of things in the fuel system and tune up. I am NO god, but have learned from incredible guys. What I see posted here many times is what I feel a little misleading to many or maybe more like misunderstood. On a nozzle or jet, a bigger number stamped on it DOESN'T always mean it flows more ( GPM )
    If they aren't flowed ( hopefully flowed correctly) how do you know it is what it says on it.

I have " wasted " a few hours on the flow bench ( thanks to my boss ) and now have 340 flowed Enderle nozzles (.030 up into the .090 ) and I use drop in style jets, Waterman and Kinsler, I have flowed them from .020 to .250.
    None of the jets flow what they have stamped on them except for maybe 3 ?
    What I did was flowed them numbers showing and opposite the numbers. This way you get two jets out of each. I made a spread sheet up showing the two makes ( Kinsler / Waterman ) , one column have numbers showing , the other column is opposite numbers. When the GORR weather station gives me a number, I go with it. Since my teachers Gus & Ron beat it into my head in 1999 that I had to have flowed stuff and a weather station, I have never had a problem in the tune up since then.

I may have wasted alot of time flowing so many nozzles, but they are all stamped with the correct GPM, so I do loan them out.

If we race at sea level or 8,000 ft, we run great off the trailer every time. Maybe it's luck, but I am one to believe it is having things flowed.

"Waste" your money on flowing things and save the time and money for beer !

Just my thoughts, not the Bible !

9. TAF435

TAF435 New Member

10. a/fd slngsht

a/fd slngsht Member

thanx... Mike

11. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Bob, go up the page 4 posts to Bob's post and he has the download site to get them.

12. Spud_Miller

Spud_Miller New Member

Fiddling with the hole at all (especially the entry) will completely change the flow of a nozzle or pill. They can get screwed up pretty easily by carelessly removing them with an improper tool or just bouncing around in people's tool boxes.

Unless you can accurately test the flow of your nozzles and pills, it isn't worth doing yourself. It takes quite a few bucks to build such a setup and some very careful methods to achieve accuracy within 1%.

Nozzles and pills right out of the box by some manufacturers are are all over the map. A brand new set of Enderle's that some customer recently supplied for his setup were out 12%. I'm not sure if the customer fiddled with them or not.

Spud
    www.fuelinjectionenterprises.com

13. WIZBANG

WIZBANG Member

Exactly right. Also keeping them on a wire for storage is not good too. A plate seems ok, but I like the plastic / enclosed cases myself.

14. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

Ok you guys, remember Ralph and Les make there living at this stuff. Lets buy something from them when you need it. I know Sean at Davenport's flows nozzles at 150 lbs. They can be two sizes off from marked. Scary! Depending on your system it may flow higher with normal jets but it is all relative.

15. KDavidson

KDavidson Member

So's Spud! He takes the little extra steps that make it count!:D
    He also has a very useful calculator on his website. Hey Spud that SMV made it into the 6's this summer. No flak jacket required...yet!:eek:

Keith

16. Joseph Satterfield

17. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Joseph, if you go back one page (page 3), Bob Kraemer has a couple of links to download them. If that doesn't work then let me know.