NO SCOOP !!!!

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by nitrohawk, Apr 25, 2005.

1. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

What do you think the effedt would be of running an a-fuel dragster with no air scoop? At what speed do you think the air press goes posative in the manifold?

2. mike tkach

mike tkach New Member

nitrohawk,2 good questions and nobody even guessing.il bet jerry darian and a few others can answer them,id also bet they won,t.

3. HootersFunnyCar

About 32 MPH or .820 out.

4. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

I pretty much knew the answer to the question before I posted but wanted to know if anyone else had had a similar experience of running an a-fuel car with no scoop and their results. We broke the scoop an the car while finishing up Chris Holley's license runs at Houston. Didn't have time to go home and get our spare and needed to finish up the license runs befor the next weekend.
    Made two runs without the scoop. Did not change the tuneup. On the first the car ran a .95 sixty foot and a 2.50 - 330' & 2.73 - 1/8. Dropped one cyl. at 2.5 sec. and one at 3.5 sec. and one at 4.0 sec. Ran a 5.80 - 1/4 mile. The next pass we only planned to run about 400 ft. as Chris had already meet the requirments for his license and the result were about the same to the 330'. It seems that the engine preformed about the same until 3-400 feet out but started having an effect about where the manifold press would go to neutral
    or begin to get positive. the car ran about the same to the 330' and close to the same at 660' with or without the scoop. Just my experience. Maybe someone else can add to this.