Nitro supply and A/F?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, May 20, 2008.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

I hear A/F racers might need to stock up on Nitro....

2. noelmanton

noelmanton Authorized Merchant

Tell us more Will!!

Noel

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

4. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Makes you wonder if the Big pro teams buy up as much inventory as possible, thus squeezing some of the A-Fuel guys out?

5. allen

allen New Member

what about torco dont they sell it ?
    i mean the fuel doctor should be able to mix some up
    at least i would think

6. kylewurtzel

kylewurtzel TA/FC

called the guy i get my fuel from who works for torco and he said they have none for sale.

7. allen

allen New Member

yea cuz places around here that sold torco said they cant
    get it
    is something going on with torco ?

8. Big Sexy

Big Sexy Member

They (Torco) are like the smoke from an extinguished wick when it comes to Nitro.... Don't count on them for Nitro..... Call Pulde!

9. kylewurtzel

kylewurtzel TA/FC

big sexy are you a poet and don't know it?

10. jeffj

jeffj Member

Every exclu$ive supplier deal I have seen seems to have a back $tory to it. One would normally presume that the single supplier would have been to ensure a level chemical playing field; apparently not so if the supplier is buying anything anywhere from anyone.
    All of the stupid comments about being held hostage are exactly correct except that they are applied to the wrong target! Its like they say in Poker, when you sit down at the table, if you can't spot the mark it's you and you'd best leave that table. Very good advise.

11. Kenneth S

Kenneth S Member

12. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

13. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

wow, good article...wonder how the fans will react to the nitro guys warming up the cars on alcohol and not nitro? this nitro issue is really starting to get a bit confussing, well for me..you hear stories here and there but nothing set in stone. Is it getting worse than housing market???

14. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

No Monday test runs

At first when NHRA made this announcment I though well that makes since. But like a lot of other things nothing is as it seems.
    Why would NHRA ban Monday testing to conserve nitro when the nitro everone uses to test is purchased from Schumaker.
    Could this just be another power play by NHRA to hurt Schumaker by now shutting down testing to reduce his sales of nitro?????????.
    Who is this really hurting??.
    I am tired of NHRA mandating the use of products that they are receiving a profit of the sales of same. Next thing you no everyone will be required to run the same oil, same chassis, same tire, same clutches, etc, etc.
    NHRA should be furnishing fuel to the fuel classes. Bet you would see a major reduction in the cost if that happened.
    Just my 2-cents.

15. jeffj

jeffj Member

Right on Nitrohawk; they are trying to cut off Schumaker's venue to sell the Nitro that they are trying to get him to sell to them. Maybe they knew that they had a supply problem and that was why the $100K fine was imposed; to force a deal on the stocks he had. Also, if Don is correct, and VP is not a listed, authorized supplier, why are they not fined for having fuel on the grounds? Oh, right, they know they soon will not have any fuel on the property so why bother.................................The moves are pretty transparent, $$$$.

16. Bob Kraemer

Bob Kraemer New Member

I wouldn't worry to much about the nitro problem, I would be more worried about the nhra problem. There is just so many time you can poke a bear {racers & fans} with a stick before you piss him off and he decides to rip you limb from limb.
    If nhra doesn't stop with all these new? silly rules, no testing on monday, warm up on alky, 100,000.00 fines, nhra & vp publicly trashing Don S., poor espn coverage etc!
    they are going to be involved in so many lawsuits they will have to take money from there not for profit corp. to hire more lawyers to defend them and on top of that more money will be paid out in terms of judgements issued against them for rules they cannot legally enforce. Even if the new rules are legal, how long do you think the fans will put up with big show cars warming up on alky, not for long.
    nhra = dictator and you know what we do to them.
    What nhra fails to realize is they need us we don't need them, unfortunately they think it is the other way around.
    nhra could close up shop tomorrow and I would still be racing next weekend.
    OK, rants over, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    PS: SCREW NHRA

17. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

Come on over to the IHRA, over here they really do thank you for coming to the race. Us sportsman racers get treated pretty good at the Nats. We would Love to have anyone who wanted to make a change, even for just one weekend.

18. $candal

$candal New Member

the pro teams don't buy nitro from shumacher for anything...are you dumb?

19. Hemi Parts

Hemi Parts Top Fuel

Nitro supply

I have some if anyone is close by and wants it. email me or call me.

bill@billancona.com
    817-563-7222

20. mark6052

mark6052 Member

no nitro

I sell vp fuel here out of spokane. I called headquarters today. they are "working" on it. they are in china trying to get a supply made, but that will be awhile. Bill if you have some nitro, I hope you can sell it to the NFC and Afuel guys. this is affecting evrything from hobbycars to explosives. I have yet to hear why they are short on fuel, its not like theres no demand for it.