NHRA's has been acquisitioned (sold)

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by F/C Girl, May 30, 2007.

1. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

2. Lethal Threat Racing

I am not really sure that anyone understands what is going on right now I did a lot of digging and talked with HD Partners on Thursday before I bought 10,000 shares. From what I was told NHRA PRO now has the chance to add other pro classes. Like Pro Mod and Pro Stock Import. Even the Alcohol classes have a shot at going to the pro side from what I was told. You will see more races, like in Mexico, Canada, and several tracks will be reduced from two races to only one. The Non profit is what I was also asking about. They have to give NHRA so much percent of the profit so it can maintain the Museum and the history of the sport and pay the directors. The teams now also may have to buy rights to be in the Pro’s. It was mentioned in passing that franchising the teams like NASCAR may be an option. I am hoping that they will make me a good return on my shares so I can race for free.

3. art d

art d New Member

Nascar doesn't franchise teams, yet. One of the open wheel series does, maybe both.

4. Lethal Threat Racing

you best check again. The sell/lease a number and you have to have one to race:eek:

5. art d

art d New Member

you got the money, you can race in Nascar, no need to have a franchise. Open wheel, you have to buy a franchise, then you can buy all your equipment. nascar may go to a franchise system, but as of now, there isn't one.

6. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

Well you talked to them so I will take your word for it... but can you explain how they can just make classes pro? Will they have to buy the classes from NHRA? Maybe I don't understand the deal, but aren't they only getting the rights to T/F, F/C, P/S and PSM... Would Nhra be stepping on Ihra turf in Canada and Mexico? I mean national is in the nation, and international is in the nationS... something to ponder...

CJ Curtsinger

7. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

Have you guys seen the HD partners stock? Its shares have grown a lot more than their usual average since the "coming out" with the plan... Nearly a million shares were sold the day of the announcement...

CJ Curtsinger

8. HEMIdude

HEMIdude New Member

Wow! That's awesome! That can only be interpetted as a damn good thing for the sport. Did anyone catch Cap's comments on this topic today? He seem extremely enthused and hinted at some major news that's developping regarding this. He threw some words out like... "some really, really BIG money". What is HD Partners stock market initials and where are they listed?

I'd still like to know what the non-profit sportsman only side of NHRA is going to do with $100 million and $9.5 million in HD partner stock. I wouldn't count on it going to increase purses as one person on this board has already said NHRA knows drag racing is more of a sickness or addiction than an advocation to most racers. They already have full fields at every event so they know increased purses aren't necessary to fill fields. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong and purses will indeed increase.

9. HEMIdude

HEMIdude New Member

bud7291 wrote: Would Nhra be stepping on Ihra turf in Canada and Mexico?

Who cares (besides IHRA)? Should HD Partners be afraid of them? Perhaps you don't remember but NHRA used to have events in Montreal.

10. Lethal Threat Racing

The symbol is HDP. You can bank on The Mexico and Canada races within the next two years is what I was told. One of the reasons NHRA sold the pro side is becuse they were locked out of being able to add any more pro clases after the suite of the Pro Stock Trucks this is a way around it. I do not know all of the answers as I said before. I am in it to make money and finaly make some money off the NHRA instead of them making it off me. You see what thiws group did with HD TV. Bout is cheat grew it and sold it for 100 mil proffit. This may be the same thing. Make it big sell it before it as it peaks and count all of their money.

11. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

Ignorance of age strikes again! I don't remember Montreal... perhaps too young? I think it would be great to have out of country races... Give those Canadians who always have to travel so much a break... That Ron Capps interview makes me ask what are the pros hearing that we aren't?

CJ Curtsinger

12. The Leveler

The Leveler New Member

speaking of other places to race do any of you remember the western nationals?;)

13. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

As I recall one of the issues with the Montreal race {molsonnationals)? There were problems with bringing in leaded race fuel for the gasoline fueled cars.

14. mike kirk

mike kirk New Member

It was all about NHRA not being allowed to sell products at the track, but the racers liked it it was the only race where they were allowed to sell tee shirts out of their trailers....It was a great National Event