NHRA to give BAD 128 over

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Sep 6, 2006.

1. The Zone

The Zone Member

Sure I will, at the most it will give them .04-.05, so then O'Baanon in perfect conditions will run a 5.28 and Riechert or Shields will run a 5.18 again. In conditions where the best BAD et was a 5.40 and a A/Fuel ran a 5.28 then the difference is only .08.

Sounds fair to me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GIVE THEM MORE, and don't take awayting from the A/Fuelers

Dean

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

6%

Lets not forget in the grand scheme of things this is a 6% change, not 13%.

2.28 divided by 2.15= 1.06 or 6%.

What we call "128 over" in mathematical terms is 2.28:1. While numerically it may be .13, since it has the 2 in front of it, it's only a 6% change.

3. a/fuel goddess

a/fuel goddess New Member

the classified ads are full of guys wanting pulleys this week. what will it be next week blocks and cranks?
    i just orderd 5 brad blocks and 25 burst pannels. do you think i'll be able to sell them next week?

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

whats your point?

people blow up blown motors, people blow up a/fuel motors....

will someone blow one up trying the new od - yes it's gonna happen.

i've seen nitro motors throw a few fits too.

talking about how other people are going to blow stuff up when you're just getting started isn't the 'karma' i would want to start out with.

5. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Conditions

Alky Racer,
    At Indy there was the best conditions all year for both types of cars. Since OBannon was not there we will never know what he could have run do we.
    Thats why you put them on the track. Maybe Reading or Pomona will produce these kinds of conditions again. I am for the change. You had better be careful for what you wish for though. If I was tuneing or paying the bills on a TAD think I would be careful. Its easy say 2.28 od but might bring on other problems not yet encountered. Shields ran in the twenties under these types of conditions a long time ago with TAD.

6. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

As long as we are changing rules- I would love to see the TA/fc overdrive go back up- I think not running 10500 rpm just to get the boost would be a great parts saving idea. Dave Germain

7. eli

eli Banned

Thats a great idea, except the guys with the bucks will rev it up anyway, of corce they could mandate the rev limeter too.;)

8. T.Howell

T.Howell Member

If you can get 5 Brad blocks next week...YEP...you could sell them.

9. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Should be worth a tenth, not enough to make a difference IMO. Besides, only a few cars left to find out.:confused:

10. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

A blown car has been leading the points most of the year, so i guess we should figure out a way to make it go faster. We all know that a LARGE percentage of the best tuners have switched to A- fuel, not all, but a lot. Why do we have to say again that Santo's ran 20's years ago with the same shit that people are running 30's with now. Why is that? It's not that hard to figure out. Because most of those guys were running 40's or 50's back then.
    Well, I'm sure I'll get ripped again for my comments and that's a shame because what i've said is the truth. It goes to show you that most of the people on this site are blown fans.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  11. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

What you said is the truth? I'm not ripping you, but I'm still trying to figure out what you said. Or should I say what is your point?

12. timrudy

timrudy New Member

Thats awesome! Finally, they are gonna let the BAD's hunt! It's high time. Happy racing to all!

13. The Zone

The Zone Member

ch3no2 always has alot to say with not alot of real meaning. Ya santos ran in the twenty's a few years ago. They also ran the car as hard and as quick as it was possible (in others words the potential of a blown car was at 99 or 100 %). There was nothing left. That is one of the reason they team stopped running.
    Fast forward to now, the team (O'bannon) is back sans the santos family but all the technology they had back in the late 90's and early 00's as well as all the technolgy available now, and where are all the twnety's. Not anywhere in site. ch3no2
    Why did they lead the points as all this year, Because it took until half way through the year for the A/Fuelers (The top funded and best tuned ones) to, if I may paraphrase "Fix their SH..t". The tune-up at the current percentage took a few races to get dialed.
    So I guess you don't think the OD should have been increased.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This rule change will help very little.
    The air at Indy was good, (Mission was better back in June when Shields went a 5.24 at 274 but that was the first event where the A/Fuelers showed their real 97% potential, but it will possibly get better in the coming weeks.
    Will a blown car run a 20 this year. Maybe, but at that same race where a blown car runs a '20, at least six A/Fuelers will do the same and a couple may dip into the teens again.

Parity will not exist this year.
    That all being said I don't want to see the injected get another rule change. Give the BAD's more junk for their trunk.

Dean

14. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Now that is funny!:D :D :D
    KB

15. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Gosh Dean, Thats really something...I will go finish my bottle of merlot
    looks like Steve F. got his new pulley on

16. T.Smith

T.Smith Top Dragster

Dean, what you know about junk in the trunk??:D

I think NHRA should give the BAD's everything they want.

17. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

When Rick Santo's ran .20's back in 1999-2000(?) the Minimum weight for Blown cars was 1900 w/driver. Rick's car weighed just over that. Since then NHRA added 100 lbs. Duane Shields and David Wells are the only blown cars in the last 3-4 years to run a .20.

18. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

(cough cough) Thacker and Haley in Joliet

19. Izzy

Izzy New Member

Will, I want to personally thank you for lobbying to get the new overdrive. I know you worked hard on getting this done and trying to help keep parity. You are one of the few people that lobbied to get this done without anything to gain for yourself.
    Thanks,
    Izzy

20. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Be interesting to see how many Blown cars show up in Dallas with the new OD......:rolleyes: