new way to stage

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by NITROBANDIT1, Nov 6, 2009.

1. tafc155

tafc155 Member

I'm pretty sure it didn't.

2. Outlaw68

Outlaw68 Member

Guys listen to whats being said here. First I am a track operator, and a racer, I have been for 20 plus years.

Be it HEADS UP or INDEX..

STAGGER will result in a slower RT and a quicker et, because and ONLY because you have made the roll out more.

ROLL OUT is the distance the car must travel before BREAKING the beams on the starting line. Now stagger does not and will not take the win..

It amazes me the number of veteran racers that do not know how the sport they play in is conducted.

Here are a few examples

#1 car has 3 feet of stagger in the front end.
    #2 car has 0 stagger.

#1 car is .200 green and goes 7.50 to the 1/4 mile
    #2 car is .001 Green and goes 7.60 to the 1/4 mile

#1 racer has a 7.50+.200= 7.70 package
    #2 racer has a 7.60+.001=7.61 package

Racer #2 has a MARGIN OF VICTORY of .09 at the stripe and will win EVERY TIME..

Now YES the little tires made hereo's of drivers who could not cut a light in top fuel, but it did not make the car any quicker. And if that car has a 10 inch roll out tire on it with 2 inches of stagger he has effectivly 12 inches of roll out. This means he has 12 inches of rolling forward before the beam breaks.
    Now a big tire car with a 21 inch roll out and 2 inches of stagger will have 23 inches of effective roll out. 11 more inches of ROLLING START.

If the TWO CARS are identical in set up and run exactly the same HP to the rear wheels the BIG tire car will go QUICKER as he has a longer rolling start, if the driver in the big tire car is a good leaver, the roll out will help him not to go red and have a quicker race car.

This is the reason when you deep stage your car will ET slower, why?? Because you have less of a rolling start, but.... You may make up for it with a quicker reaction time there by allowing you to beat the other guy on a holeshot win.

Remember the start and finish line are static. THEY DO NOT MOVE. Its 1320 ft on both sides.
    And you have to break the beam to start the clock. But you also have to react to the tree as well.