New to the game

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by HensonRacing, Jul 21, 2011.

1. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

i have seen many times a automatic car is hard to work with you may have to program your timing say if you have it set at 30* you may have to knock 8* out at the hit then ramp it back in as far as the shocks if you make it stiffer it will probley just knock the tires off quicker if its packin the front end hard you may be leavin to low and it cant get up on the tire its a fine line you have to walk unless your on a killer track most important thing to learn and i have a hard time of doing this a hopped up tune up is not always the best and fastest way to get down a track back it down a little and just try to go from a to b untill you get a handle on it GOOD LUCK

2. HensonRacing

HensonRacing Member

Thanks for the reply Jim, backing it down to go from a to b is definately a hard thing to do for Me but I will try, I had a friend of mine come and look at the car and He noted that 54" wheelie bars were not gonna cut it, not having a wing is a no no, and the tires are about 3-4 years old,

I hit the wall the last time out and messed a few things up but I will try to get them fixed, one is a bent left rear wheel so I will be needing some 15x16 8" back space 5 x 4 1/2" bolt cir. Double beadlock wheels. the other issues are Cosmetic,I also plan on getting a timing computer of some sort and tuning her back a little, I've got a guy that I think can help Me if I take the car to Whichita Falls TX. and run it there.I will probably end up showing them I'm an engine Builder and not a driver but I'm gonna try. I love the sport too much to just give up.

3. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

This has turned out to be a great thread. 54" wheelie bars are not going to cut it? As they are too short?

Thanks

4. HensonRacing

HensonRacing Member

I agree but thought I would try, according to the video it was definately smackin them on the ground and unloading the rear tires, keep the advice coming I dont want to hit the wall again.

5. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

you need more power at the shift either buy leaning it out a little at the shift are adding a couple of degrees of timing at the shift stiffing it up wont work put it back where you had it and let the chassis roll over loosein the front up at little a timing controler may help you it will let you knock timing out at the hit then ramp it back in , in stages down track damn did i repeat myself sorry hate to see someone struggle good luck

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011