New flexplate/ can changes ?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by lucky devil, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

From what I understand that spectator that was killed is what triggered all this. I think it is a good deal. We will get it done and move on.

2. turbo69camaro

turbo69camaro Member

looks like his gears are billet and expensive i like going to orilly's and getting one for 28 bucks lol

3. turbo69camaro

turbo69camaro Member

Where and when ??? my question if a can can not contain a ring gear how is the rest of the can going to hold up if a 3 disk clutch explodes @10,000 with a .090 liner

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

One incident was at Santa Pod where a spectator was killed. The clutch sits further back in the can where the liner is and works well to contain a three disc clutch exploding. The ring gear is further forward where there is no liner so there is the problem. I think the cans work very well containing a whole clutch coming apart.

5. lucky devil

lucky devil Member

The Can in this instance wasn't the issue. A component was not refitted to the car in question between rounds , causing this very unfortunate incident.

Lets move on please..

6. badbird

badbird New Member

Do you realize all the super mod nitrous cars are affected as are the Top Doorslammers in Sweden/Scandinavia, any comp eliminator cars who are mandated these cans by the GSRs its not just a few pro mod cars, this is a big deal for a lot of guys,

this thread needs to stay active as there are many many racers here and in the USA who have no idea this is happening ..its been kept prety quiet.

what was left off the car was the two bolts that pinch the midplate to the can below the clutch thats all
    nothing was left off urban johanssons car 1n 2011 and the whole ring gear escaped in one viscious looking three and a half foot long jagged spear, it cut through an upper frame rail, cut the wiring causing an electrical fire and exited the windscreen, from a fully tagged correctly fitted trick can, Having seen that ring after I would never take any chances and those who do
    put others at risk

so this thread for disgusing options and sharing experiences is useful and valid,
    its useful to dispel rumor and hear the facts, i have learnt stuff on here, probably a lot have guys have either learn something or taught something

lets face Wayne it if i diddnt tell AK and put it on my face book page you would have found out last night, so now your ahead of the game there are many others who still dont know and have limited option who may glean some helpfull tips here

NOTE
    another strange spec change....from now on 6.1 cans (the spec for a can without a liner) if its a trick can needs a liner...WTF pro stock guys beware, so does a trick 6.1 can exist that is the question if the 6.1 needs a liner therefore becoming a 6.3...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  7. Dave Koehler

Dave Koehler Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  8. badd57

badd57 Member

can

is this rule apply to aftermarked powerglide cases ?

9. hines

hines Member

powermaster 9400 starter

Purchased several starter and flexplates for myself and my team mate over the last three week and none of this stuff being made matches. Meizer/ csr / powermaster. Had to write a cnc program for the powermaster starter to move it in and side to side to make it fit right. Have produce five so far for people including Mike Janis. Let me know if one of these custom noses will solve your problem.