Need source for fine-tooth hole saw ASAP.

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Scouder, Mar 23, 2010.

1. big blue oval

big blue oval Member

X2.....Ive cut many many many notches with them....another tip...if you are using a drill to turn the jigger, hook a bunji strap from the handle to the ceiling..when you are done, it will pull it up and out of the way....

2. Kenneth S

Kenneth S Member

I bolt my joint jigger in my drill press, it makes easy to control the speed of the cutter, one hole saw will last a long time (I tried it using a hand drill once, and killed alot of hole saws, to hard to control)
    Set up in the drill press.
    [​IMG]

I also use the expandable rubber mandrels with the sanding drums with an angle die grinder for fine tuning the fit if nessesary (you can get the mandrels, and sanding drums from McMaster, the mandrels come in 1 1/2", and 3/4" diameters).
    [​IMG]

Here's how the fits came out,
    [​IMG]

3. Scouder

Scouder New Member

Found a little fine-tooth Dewalt hole saw here in our little town (amazing), It is too shallow to make a single cut, but it solved all the problems I was experiencing. Goes through the metal smooth and quick. Next batch of tubes I cut I will get a deeper fine-tooth from Medford or somebody. It actually made it enjoyable to do. Only two more helmet bars to cut! Wooohooo!

On a side note, I wanted to make sure I had the right filler rod for the welder when he gets here on Monday. I checked this forum and came up with 80d2 or 70s2. I borrowed a little Hobart TIG welder from a buddy a few weeks ago for this project, and when I looked at the rod that came with it I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was 70s2! Yahooo, again!

Now I'm worried. I don't know about you guys, but when things start to go right for me it is usually only because fate is lifting me up to get a really good body slam. :eek:

-Brian