Need Lenco Advice

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by 23T Hemmee, Nov 23, 2008.

1. gt_diesel

gt_diesel New Member

I have a question... I am running a 2700 pound door car with a 4 speed lenco. The trans was in the car before when it had a nitrous motor. I switched to a mild blown alcohol motor ( around 1400 horsepower ). I have heard that a 4 speed has too low of a low gear for a blower motor. Is this true, I have a 2.49 low.

Also, can you run a 4 speed as a three speed and launch in second gear or do you have to remove one section. I have driveshafts for 3 and 4 speed.

Sorry if these are stupid questions... This is my first year with a lenco.

It is a clutch car by the way.

2. Danny Humphreys

Yep, that's what I've got in mine. And my bearings look great
    2 speed 3100 lbs 526 veney with a whipple. You can also do the math and come up with the 2 first gear ratios you want and just leave with one of the units already shifted. Done that too.

3. blwnaway

blwnaway Member

I would guess that with only 1400hp you would be better off with the 4spd but if you want to try a 3 all you have to do is eliminate the gearset you dont want to use. In other words if there is a 1.28 in the first box and the remaining gearsets combined make the low gear ratio you want then either use a gear set eliminator or simply shift the first box before launching. You can also alter your ratios by the order in which the boxes are shifted. Ex.... A 1.44 and a 1.38 traditionally would be a 1.98 low gear and a 1.38 second gear, well if you switch the order in which they are shifted then you still have a 1.98 low gear but now you have a 1.44 second gear. Hope this helps.

4. Iron Mike

Iron Mike New Member

Same issue here,
    Only I have a 3.10 first and 5.00 in the Diff (launched bloody hard with N2O SBC) Now I have 14/71 12% over on 540.
    I'm going to have a go with the 4speed and if that shakes too hard I'll shift 1 gear before I stage.