Need crew help for Houston AAFA- Nitro car

Discussion in 'Crewmembers Wanted or For Hire' started by aafa434, Feb 22, 2013.

1. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

It's that time of the year again.

With moving the shop into the Houston arean, crew guys moving away, graduating from school, and other life changes, we find ourselves short handed again for our blown fuel altered, burning nitro, the way it should be run and maintained.

This is essentially a late 80's funny car with an Altered body, with a new TFX engine, crowerglide clutch, Lenco 2-speed, Mooneyham 14-71 blower and hopped up points mag. We run 85-90% nitro, with a 30 gallon pump-nothing exotic but still a lot of power and the usual noise and sensory overload you get on the big show stuff, (toying with the idea of running a dual pump/dual mag/plug setup just for grins-later this year).

Most of our races are in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, with one on Baytown, a couple in Oklahoma, one in Asbury MO each season. We also do testing when needed in the Houston area.

We are lean and mean-this is sponsorless, ass pocket racing and we have to be smart in how we do it.

I need help in the Houston area and if you can't make that, I need help at the race venues. The schedule is:

April 6th - North Star Dragway - Denton, TX

April 20th - Thunder Valley Raceway - Noble, OK

May 11th - Ardmore Dragway - Ardmore, OK

May 24th (Friday) - Texas Raceway - Kennedale, TX

July 5/6th - North Star Dragway - Denton, TX

August 31st - Mo-Kan Dragway's Labor Day Classic - Asbury, MO

Sept 28th - Royal Purple Raceway Super Chevy - Baytown, TX

October 5th - North Star Dragway Fall Nostalgia Nats - Denton, TX

October 25th (Friday) - Texas Raceway - Kennedale, TX

PLUS ANY TESTING WE WANT TO DO-We try to make them all, but sometimes I get stuck at work and have to miss one.

If you have a need to work on one of these monsters, shoot me an email or a PM.

jim@fuelishhabitracing.com

2. hired_help09

hired_help09 New Member

Jim,

I am looking for something in the Houston area. I am currently in Bryan but I am down there every other weekend and I am moving back down there on may 31.please give me a call @8327038014 if you are interested. I have been working on drag cars and drag boats for all of my life.