Mert Littlefield R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by bruce mullins, Sep 20, 2010.

1. cpgeneration

cpgeneration New Member

RIP Mert

Gods speed Mert, you will be missed, our prayers are with the Littlefield family, Frank

2. Shaun H

Shaun H Has been Alky racer

What a Great Guy

Before the Whipple and PSI, I loved my Littlefield Supercharger and I was one of the last to make the change because it worked so well. Mert was a great guy and I was lucky enough to have raced a lot with him and spend many good times at the races with his family. You will not find a better man and a great racing family.

Mert will be missed and my thoughts are with the family.

3. bmoore

bmoore Member

Another tough loss...

I was looking forward to seeing his smiling face at the Finals this fall, I guess i'll have to wait. We will have heavy hearts for awhile to be sure. Thoughts go out to the rest of the Littlefield family from all of us at the Cowie TAD team.

Best wishes, Bill Moore

4. Steve Gasparrelli

Mert

Brad Stats,

Your Dad was one of the truly nice and respected guys in the sport. He will truly be missed by the many who knew him and called him their friend. Hang in there buddy. Know that the memories of your old man will be fondly shared by us all.

Steve Gasparrelli and the entire Gasparrelli Team and Family

5. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

Farewell to a great man and friend--Mert

Mert was a kind, intelligent, and good person. The kind we are lucky to have known.
    He leaves us all with great memories. He made great advances for drag racing and we
    will never forget him. May he be with God now.
    Love,

Mike and Janet Kosky

6. blowntrifive

blowntrifive Member

Mert was a great guy to me and never hurried me of the phone or cut me short. He and Lee or Andy was always very helpful and he will be sorely missed, a legend in the Roots Supercharger for sure,RIP DiRose Racing.

7. Lawren Jones

Lawren Jones Comp Eliminator

Truely a very sad day yesterday. All of the legends are passing. I was always a fan of Mert Littlefield. Then I got to meet the legend. He didn't disappoint me. He was still my hero and I repected him more.

RIP my friend.

8. fordster

fordster nhra

Mert Littlefield

Rest in peace Mert, you were a true hero to the little guys.
    David Ford
    TAD 749

9. PANMAN

PANMAN Super Comp

RIP Mr. Littlefiled

We have had the pleasure of racing with Mert while in Texas a few times. Great people lots of fun. Prayers to the Littlefield family.
    Team Moduline TAFC 1350..

10. lugnut

lugnut Member

I can honestly say that one my coolest memories was getting to meet Mert and have him hang out with us at a couple IHRA races that him and Randy Anderson attended.He actually gave us a couple tune up tips in Rockingham 2001 and we were runner up!Awesome person and a definite loss to the racing community.

11. Todd Veney

Todd Veney New Member

Mert was the kind of guy who didn't just let you stay at his house when you were in town; he insisted that you stay there. And he wouldn't just give you a truck to drive while you were there; he'd give you his nice truck and keep the other one for himself. He was a guest every year when the PRI show was in town, and a dear, dear friend for a long time. God bless him, Lee, Brad, and Kasey.

12. Sean Bellemeur

Sean Bellemeur Jr. Dragster

Many thoughts and prayers going to the family. Lee, Brad, Kasey- we are thinking about you. We have many great Mert memories like everyone on here. He was a tough competitior, great racer and a friend to even those whom he barely knew. Anyone who knew Mert remembers his quick little comments with that Mert grin. My dad and I were sharing our Mert memories with eachother and kindof chuckled through the tears picturing Mert with that little smirk on his face tryin to convince Niver to put a blower on his dragster up there. Godspeed Mert

The Bellemeurs

13. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

I have never been made more welcome in a pit than Mert, Lee and Brad made me feel way back when. I am going to miss that guy. A true friend. All of us at the Miller household are really gonna miss you.

14. Gittli

Gittli Jr. Dragster

I am very sorry to hear that, my condolences to the family.

Gittli

15. reidmach

reidmach Member

Rest in Peace Mert

It was truly an honor to meet Mert, too late in my book, I wish I had met him a long time ago.
    Thoughts and prayers to all of you, Lee, Brad, Kasey, as well as his extended family in the pits.

Darrell Reid

16. Brad L

Brad L Member

Thank you

All of your kind words and funny stories have meant a lot to our family during this time of mourning. Even greater is all of the friendship and support we've received over the years that we continue to feel even when it goes unspoken. I can't thank you all enough.

Regarding the "service": My dad didn't wish to have a traditional service but rather a party where his friends in the racing community and elsewhere are gathered. This will take place on Saturday, Oct. 2, at 6 p.m. in the vacant shop next to Littlefield Blowers at 1110 E. Kimberly Ave., Anaheim, CA, 92801.

Our family also wishes that, in lieu of flowers, donations be made to Racers For Christ (PO Box 1208, Gilbert, AZ, 85299).

- Brad Littlefield, on behalf of Lee and Kasey Littlefield and myself

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  17. Reeves Racing

Reeves Racing New Member

God Bless

I did not know your dad but i do know that alot of people and i mean alot speak verry high of him.I do run his blower and i will say that its a good one. May God Bless You and your family:)

18. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Thoughts and prayers to the Littlefield Family.

Like many others - we won our national events with Littlefield providing the boost!

I always really enjoyed when Mert was over in our trailer helping us with whatever.

19. Frank Schuster

Frank Schuster New Member

Brad

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family at this difficult time.

With Sincerest Sympathy,
    Victor Terenzio Racing Team