Media blasting cost question

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Soldierboy0098, Mar 14, 2014.

1. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

I guess I am trying to say to ALL that try to get ahold of Me.......SORRY!!! I'm BUSY!!

2. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

You need to hire some help!:D

3. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Tim

Hey Tim,

Rust-Oleum aircraft stripper in the one gallon Jug did the entire dragster with a bit left over. Just wipe it on with a paint brush, rinse it off with the power washer, then go over the spots that stayed on a second time and rinse it off, then final touch ups and rinse. $40+$10 in gas for the power washing = cheap and extremely clean.

I just found 3 cracks in mine frame right by where the engine mount tabs are so I am going to paint those areas to get rid of the cracks....out of sight, out of mind...lol kidding. I need a good welder to come over and fix them...Tim.... :)

Wear gloves and goggles as it burns like hell if you get it on you, rinse off with water immediately if you do get some on you. I was wearing one glove and my finger tip skin is now hard as a rock, lets see em try to finger print me now...lol

No worries, I just miss chatting with you my friend. I'll tell you what for the right price if you want to hire me I'll come back to the land of snow and work for you, after all you know I spend most of my life on the phone talking about race cars...lol I accept Pepsi and Pizza or checks....

Tell Buzz I said Hi,
    Trev

4. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Trev...was that paint or powder coat? Buz is coming up here this weekend to see his car...Ill talk to him about this...if we don't get "side tracked"....hahaha

5. Soldierboy0098

Chassis

Hi Tim,

Mine was painted but they do make a smaller can that you could try for $15. It's pretty nasty stuff so I can imagine it not doing something....maybe lighting on fire or something cool but it should do something I would think...lol

He'll be so happy, I told him Uncle Tim builds awesome race cars and not to worry.

I do need you to call me if you can though Tim, I need some advice on fixing this thing and my well being is on the line. You can talk on the phone and weld at the same time so I won't slow you down...lol

Message left on 616-260-4064,
    Trev

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  6. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Just walked in the house...call ya in the A.M. ....PROMISE!!

7. Soldierboy0098

Uncle Tim

Were going to back half it and be done with it but it will take all the money I had for parts so no more jokes about getting it on the track, right now we will have to use an air boat fan bolted to the flywheel for propulsion...lol

Thanks for calling buddy, I'll cancel the hit with Buzz...lol

Also I should mention anyone needing chassis work or fab work done in Michigan TNT motorsports and Straight line designs (Uncle Tim's house of race cars :) does great work and builds a competitive car.

Give Tim a call 616-260-4064

Thanks,
    Trevor Sherwood