Lou Gasparrelli

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Randy G., Apr 4, 2011.

1. Bumpy55

Bumpy55 Member

I was lucky enough to meet Lou at Indy in the late 90's when I was helping Danny Townsend. He was always ready to help with advice or parts. He was truely one of the "Good Guys" in this sport. Danny had one of his T-Shirts that I always thought was the coolest. It just said "Lou Gasparreli" on it. Godspeed Lou

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Steve:

Please keep us updated on any information on services for your dad. I'm sure it ill be standing room only as a lot of us would be honored to attend.

Randy

3. Brad L

Brad L Member

I remember being 8 years old at the old Vegas track in '92 dusting off Funny Car bodies for 10 cents. I met my goal of making enough money to buy a Lou Gasparrelli shirt at the end of the weekend and wore it proudly.

Louie was the fabric of Division 7 racing. I never met anybody that didn't like and respect him. He wasn't the most outspoken guy, but when he talked, people listened. He loved racing, loved winning, and was never boastful about it. Whether he was setting low e.t. and top speed at a race or fighting health issues in his later years, he did everything with courage and quiet dignity.

Growing up at the races, his whole family and crew were like gold to me. I'm going to miss Lou, and I'm thankful that he left behind such a great legacy and great people.

4. jeff_7306

jeff_7306 Member

My heart goes out to the Gasparrelli family. I was lucky enough to have known and raced against Lou starting back in the late 80's. He beat me every time to the stripe :).

He was always very good to me and my Dad.

I know Lou and my dad are up there talking about those days right now.

Try to fill the hole in your heart with memories. (It's worked for me)
    God speed Lou

Jeff & Ann Carroll
    TA/FC 7306

5. Alky_lover_and_drinker

Great guy for sure RIP

6. Herb Moore

Herb Moore New Member

A Great competitor ...and prankster... and wonderful family/team...RIP and my thoughts to the family...

7. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

The Gasperelli Family

Meeting and knowing this great drag racing family has been a privilage we will never forget. We first met at Indy, and exchanged many stories about Indy's from "Hell", when every thing that could go wrong, did in fact, go wrong. Now, thinking back, It was actually funny. On our one and only trip to the west coast in 1989, both Louie and Mike and their familys opened up their homes and hearts to us. That trip gave us an experience we will treasure forever. Things such as that give us memories to last a life time. We consider ourselves fortunate to have been friends and wish the family our sincere sympathy.

Love,
    Mike and Janet Kosky
    TAD 185

8. Shaun H

Shaun H Has been Alky racer

The Hyland Family sends our condolences and will cherish all the memories we had racing against Lou. Great guy and a great family. Go out and win some races for Lou this year.

9. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Most of us kid around about how addicting drag racing is, which to a degree is true. But at times like this you realize it is probably more about the relationships that are formed out there. I can't think of too many other sporting events where someone can want to beat someone else so bad, but be such good friends when the competition stops. The entire Gasparrelli team personifies what makes drag racing so "addictive". Our prayers are with you during these difficult times.

10. John Evanchuk

Our condolences to the Gasparrelli family and extended family. Lou's legacy will be a fond memory forever for us.

John and Ruth Evanchuk and Crew

11. bmoore

bmoore Member

If I may...