Looking for team to partner with for 2009 season TAD, TAFC or ??

Discussion in 'Crewmembers Wanted or For Hire' started by Will Hanna, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

I'm currently looking for a team to partner with to put together a deal for the 2009 season.

I have a good amount of parts deals to bring to the table through this website and other connections I've made in the racing industry. I also have some connections and leads out there that might be able to turn into a bigger deal. I'm really not keen on going to these leads without having a good package to offer. I'm not going to go to them and say I need "X" dollars, and once you give me the money, I'll tell you what team you're investing in.

I think I can bring a lot to the table. I've had success tuning TAD and TAFC and know my way around both cars. I work full time in this industry and have a lot of connections. I've had success in every level I've competed at. After two years of developing the Lencodrive combo in the TAFC I drove, we finally got it running good when the owner sold it for business reasons. We ran a 5.66/254 in Gainesville then a 5.74 in Houston the next race. Then it was game over. I've tuned several TAD's into the 5.30's, and worked very closely with Steve Harker last year to numerous 5.50's in TAFC. I've been lucky to work with a lot of drivers and I've worked with some of the best drivers to get behind the wheel of an alcohol car. I know the difference in what good drivers do and what average to bad drivers do. I've got a couple of years behind me of learning my rookie hard knocks and I'd like to find a team to help me reach that next level.

It's like Larry Dixon said. Teams spend a lot of money buying the best parts to make the car go fast, then want the highest paying bidder to drive. I realize $$ makes these cars go, but I think a good driver has to have a certain value.

If there's a team that is interested in talking about some possibilities, that's where I'm at. If you're looking for someone to bring a $200,000 deal to the table, I'm not your guy. I'm also not going to expect someone to run 16 races for $20,000 either. I come from the mindset of if you're going to show up, show up to win. If that means you can only run 5 races a year hard vs 10 races a year half assed, I'd rather run 5 with the right stuff.

So like I said, if it takes $10K a race to get to the dance with your team, I don't think I can deliver that right off the bat. I don't think that's unattainable with time and through several sponsors, but I don't think I can bring that to the table overnight. Whether it's me or any other driver, I think a realistic expectation for any team to build sponsorship revenue is over time. I think you have to demonstrate the package you're offering. Maybe you're an existing team that has a track record. That's worth something.

Bottom line, if you're interested in what I have to bring to the table, let's talk. I'm interested in TAFC, TAD or Pro Mod. Will certainly consider Comp, TD or TS for the right deal. I miss the competition of trying to be the best behind the wheel.

Give me a call at 979.415.4959 or email will.hanna@insidetopalcohol.com