Lifters

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Dave Germain, Feb 22, 2011.

1. REEHL EQUIPMENT

REEHL EQUIPMENT Authorized Merchant

Just by seconds, looking at the post times!

2. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

And, yes. Morel makes lifters for lots and lots of other companies. Welcome to the new world of performance parts. (Or the old world if you have been around at all.) These companies don't make everything they put their stamp on. Doug herbert does not make his own rods/cranks/lifters/heads, etc. But he sells them with his name on it. Neither does Lunati/Callies/Scat/Howards/Probe/Cat/Eagle/GMPP/Mopar/Pontiac and the list goes on and on and on. Crane doesn't make the crane gold rocker arms. They are made by a company that makes them for something like 15 different companies that have their own stamp and color. And each company had thier own pricing. Morel does the same thing. They just had good enough quality and demand that they began selling under their own name. I was buying Morel lifters from Straub, two years before I ever heard the name "Morel". But they are a great piece.

3. rick ertel

rick ertel NTPA

anybody trying iskys new bushing (non needle bearing) lifters? I got some to try,not ran yet.otherwise currently running crower maximus ,just havent put a lot of runs on yet.

4. alt 6153

alt 6153 Member

crane made in USA

And, guess what? It is all made in the United States. Our rocker arms are being made by us in Viola, Wisconsin, the lifters are being made by us in Viola, all on modern CNC manufacturing equipment.

This is out of a article on the "New Crane" on Competition Plus web site. sounds like the S&S shop had better equipment than the old Crane, so thats where everything is being made.

5. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

Marty

Check your message box. I am looking for a set of new 1" lifters for a hemi. Thanks

6. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

Great news! Glad to hear it!

7. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

Mr lifter

ok, so tell me what part number and where i can order morels for a hemi, and not pay the extra price and get the same part! inquiring minds want to know ! thanks.

8. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

Morel Lifter Sources

I just bought some new sets of 1" Cranes, but during the process of finding what I wanted I was told from several sources that Lunati 662-892-1500, Erson Cams 775-882-1622, Motorsports Unlimited 216-390-4561 and PBM 800-588-9608 sold Morel lifters.
    Hope this helps.

9. topalky511

topalky511 Member

I have been running a set of CAM FX 1" lifters in my blown alky hemi for at least 150 runs without a rebuild, now in that time ive dropped a couple of valves broke a couple of rockers and burned the occasional pushrod cup and no failure what so ever from the lifters , i run manley 1460 daul springs installed at 585lbs on the seat and turn 10500 to 10700 every run in each gear cant say one bad thing about the lifters i also have them in at least 6 customer engines and all good, also have run jesels with similar results but the price is more than double, i started out running crane .904" lifters around 5-6 years ago and if i burned up an adjuster say goodbye to the lifter and cam every time they where just so frail, i think most of the lifters will serve you fine of your valve train is sorted and under control but if its suffering from valve bounce, excessive loft or any other valvetrain issue you will need something very strong.

10. cknight

cknight Member

Crane Gold Race rockers are made by Crane, not anyone else. Same for the roller lifters, both mechanical and hydraulic. Regards, Chase

11. blown375

blown375 New Member

Chase, are your new lifters any different than the old reliable ones ? :cool:

If so what is the difference ?

12. cknight

cknight Member

The Crane roller lifters (and all of our other items) are being manufactured on new CNC equipment (all here in the U.S.) , that holds much tighter tolerances and provides better surface finishes than we were previously able to achieve. The bodies themselves have better concentricity, and are much less likely to "spread" after encountering "over rev" episodes. The guide bar is now heat treated steel, for greater strength and fatigue resistance. The Monel pin and flange assembly is still being used to retain the guidebars, and this has also been incorporated throughout the entire roller lifter line. Tighter quality constraints have been applied to the wheel/needles/axle assemblies, insuring better life. All roller lifter bodies also now include our Bearing Focused Oiling feature, which is a passive system that directs oil to the needles and axles (not too many lifter oil galleries in the 426 aluminum blocks). Please check our website for additional information on this. Hope this doesn't sound too much like an ad, so Will won't scold me. Thanks, Chase

13. blown375

blown375 New Member

Glad to see that you guys are back ! :cool:

14. Creech

Creech Member

15. Richard Putz

Richard Putz Top Alcohol Dragster

I totally agree with clint thompson, Ken sells the morrel lifter at the best price and they are tough. We run as much as 665# of spring pressure over 10,000 RPM and have not hurt one yet. We had total lifter failure with the crane before they closed there doors. They said nothing in there lifters changed from years prior but I do not believe that. Ken also sells PAC springs which I believe are the best spring out there. Our 1st set of springs lasted 2 years. (18 Races ). Richard Putz