Lencodrive trans brake

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by KennyKeller, May 4, 2010.

1. DQUES

DQUES Member

If you do take the TB clutch pack apart , keep in mind there is 2 different thickness steel plates if you need to order new ones . Some have the thick , and some the thin ones . Always check the pack clearance , If it is way loose the piston will travel far enough to break the snap ring and it's groove off of the case that retains it . This can be accomplished by installing the thin steels in place of the thick ones and NOT checking the pack clearance , don't ask how I know this . :D

2. td314b

td314b New Member

Expensive Knowledge

I agree with Will and Lorenzo. Check your pack clearance and all your disks and floaters in the TB pack (REmember there are thin and thick disks from Lenco) Also check the valve body and make sure it does not have debris in it. While you are at it Lenco came out with a new TB solenoid a few years ago. Do you have it? Also the spacer plate is another thing to check that goes on the TB Solenoid and goes against the Valve Body. Make sure you have it in correctly. Last, but certainly not least, if this is a 3 speed then are you putting about 7 qts of trans fluid in the tranny/converter? (Don't even ask why I would ask such a question....I think you can guess why I said it!) Your leave looked exactly like what our car use to do. After taking it apart and back together about 3 million times we finally got it sorted out. We even tried the Line Lock and and realized that there was no reason for it. Our car leaves sometimes at 5500 RPM and the trans holds it just fine with no line lock on a 2 step with the blades wide open!

Will is correct that sometimes you will get a slight rock forward when you engage the trans brake and come off the hand brake. We figured ours does it about 1 in 8 times of staging. Of course it usually means a red light with what I have in the delay box. Don't see any way around that one except with a line lock but we are talking it moves maybe an inch or so forward at most.

Hope this helps.

Troy

3. KennyKeller

KennyKeller New Member

I put 1 quart in the third gear section and fill the trans to the bottom of the threads. Also put 1 pint in the reverser.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  4. PROMOD63

PROMOD63 Member

This has been hashed here before a lenco drive creeps in the lights and thats the nature of the beast i have had mine apart and checked and rechecked and spent countless time with snider on the phone with this issue a line lock will help but here is the deal if you hook it to the tranny brake button they will both engage at the same time and from my experiance if you dont release the foot brake and let the car move a little it wont shift from forward to reverse so i have trained myself to push the foot brake and the tranny brake button at the same time and when you let it go your foot will come off it takes a little practice but it is simple

5. blown375

blown375 New Member

I just talked to Lenco and they say the reverser only holds 1/2 a quart ;)

6. DQUES

DQUES Member

Yes 1/2 quart in reverser .

7. KennyKeller

KennyKeller New Member

I screwed up you are right