Lenco reverser question

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by superchargedwarrior, Sep 13, 2009.

1. KennyKeller

KennyKeller New Member

You guys have got me worried now. Last weekend we were towing the car back from a run and I guess the shifter was not all the way in netruel. Well it jumped in reverse and locked up and broke the tow strap on the golf cart. I haven't run it since then but it goes in reverse and doesn't seem to be broke.
    I did not know that with out the motor running that it wouldn't roll in gear. I had alot of trouble getting it in gear when it was new but now have about 30 passes on it and it seems to work fine. I just have to feather the brake and the button to get it in gear. Thanks for the advise on backing up in high gear, I didn't know you could do that.
    PS It's a Lencodrive.
    Thanks
    Kenny

2. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

My point was the B & J reverser holds up behind a blown engine pulling a lot of weight and the Lenco doesn't. For $1500 + or whatever they're selling for now, they ought to be able to use something besides a stamped metal reverse gear.......

3. alcohol paul

alcohol paul Jr. Dragster

Well........The driver ( that would be me) had a brain fart. I have three buttons on the steering wheel, 2nd gear shift, 3rd gear shift and Mag kill in middle. I had the wheel turned a bit in the water box, the car started and the body lowered. I hit both shifter buttons to do the burn out and the car died. One of those buttons turned out to be the mag kill.....DUH ! By the time we got it started again and up to the line, we timed out. Oh yea did i mention that our sponsor was there watching...and that Mike D shook the tires at the hit in the other lane. What a bummer, I'm still pissed at myself for that one. One good thing though, Dave Q has the car running great! 3.90 @ 188 and we're 2300 lbs. Hope to see you at Norwalk 10/9.

Paul

4. pete9857

pete9857 Member

Paul

We should be there if the PTO race in London goes good. Yea, we forgot to adjust our timing curve 1st round and blew the tires off. Oh yea, Chatterson pulled a big wheelie in the other lane,DUH. Anymore of those races and my toes will all be gone!LOL.

Glenn

5. Brad Hiatt

Brad Hiatt Member

Lecodrive Don't do's......

Do Not try to throw it in neutral at the end of a run!!!!!

Too many years driving a powerglide.

Locked the rear end up and skidded to a stop.

I hate not making the turn-off.

Still shifts forward and reverse just fine. No broken parts after inspection.

6. Jim Leger

Jim Leger New Member

Can anyone recommend a reputable company for Lenco CS2 repair, preferably in the Houston Tx. area?

7. Jim Leger

Jim Leger New Member

8. Jim Leger

Jim Leger New Member

Can anyone recommend a reputable company for Lenco CS2 repair, Preferably in the Houston Tx area,?

Jim
    jleger@pasadenarefining.com

9. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

I have never broke one. I always come to a complete stop. Put car in reverse and Bleed the pressure count to 5. I have always let the motor bump a but to get into gear (reverse) Most guys I see that break them never come to a complete stop and that kills them and they throw it into reverse. TAKE YOUR TIME..........